Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Sliverdale snowy night ride pics
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Fantastic snaking crunchy woodland singletrack:
    click pic for more

TrekMart
    Free Member

I live reasonably local to Silverdale and am looking to do some night rides. Are you part of a club/group, if so are new riders/members welcomed?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Are you part of a club/group, if so are new riders/members welcomed?

uh, click any of the pics and it'll take you to an album on the Bog Trotters website 🙂 Yes, we welcome new riders of all ability levels, and run plenty of rides quite near you. Call me on 01524 843474 for details

speaker2animals

I didn't think you were from around these parts Mr Barnes. We have a Silverdale here in Newcastle-under-Lyme. In fact I was out on the snow there earlier today. And you were one of the fellas who helped me post my pics.

Cheers

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I didn't think you were from around these parts Mr Barnes

nope, this one is near Lancaster, just across the estuary from south Lakeland 🙂

chorlton
    Free Member

Great pictures. I love it around Silverdale and Arnside. A beautiful part of the country.
    Did you ride Arnside Knot? Warton Crag? Dollywood Lane? 😀

Not exactly hardcore mountain bike riding, but a lovely place to ride.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Did you ride Arnside Knot? Warton Crag? Dollywood Lane?

Arnside Knott yes. Warton Crag no. If you click on any of the pics and then 'route' above the photo in the album you'll see the map of the route 🙂

Not exactly hardcore mountain bike riding, but a lovely place to ride.

this was just a pleasant Wednesday evening bop!

speaker2animals

I'd have thought getting out on the bike. off-road in the snow at night in these temperatures was more than hardcore enough personally. It certainly would be for me.

Chapeau chaps.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I'd have thought getting out on the bike. off-road in the snow at night in these temperatures was more than hardcore enough personally.

I was far too hot most of the time! Oh, and for those that took it, the cliff top singletrack is pretty hardcore in my book, it scares the hell out of me when I ride it!

speaker2animals

I was far too warm this afternoon Simes. War the same as yesterday when it was fine. Shows that temp was higher today. As did the disappearing snow. Good surface though, crunchy and wet though not yet slushy. Didn't need the base layer me thinks.

yetiguy
    Free Member

i am local too, and have ridden those areas, but the locals dont like it at all.

Are they legal rides?

And how was the grip, may go there tomo

Simon

Are they legal rides?

😆

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

He he – I used to live in Storth… and I can think of only a handful of legal bits of track in that whole area 😉

There is:
    a green lane from Hazleslack through to Leighton House.
    a tiny short one that cuts across the north end of Beetham
    one around the side of Arnside Knott
    a couple of bits around Yealand heading towards the motorway/Burton
    one over Leighton Mess
    and one up Warton Crag, but not going IIRC anywhere near the cliff top 😉

We used to just ride the woods and no one ever complained 😉 Met a guy up there whilst walking the dog last year who was enjoying the same tracks so it looks like that is probably still the case (Storth Woods). Not sure about anywhere else though, some of the incomer locals aren't too keen on anyone enjoying anything that they don't do it seems!

I am over the other side of the bay now after a brief 18 year spell in Scotland 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

i am local too, and have ridden those areas, but the locals dont like it at all. Are they legal rides?

this ride has the least amount of right of way for bikes of any that we do 🙂 We were on a bridleway for 100m. Some of the locals are a bit sniffy, but we rarely see any of them, as we only ride there in the evening. Grip was fine except on the ridge of Arnside Knott, where the snow hid sheet ice. The rain should have washed the snow away now…

yetiguy
    Free Member

The rain should have washed the snow away now !

(quote button not working….again :?)

Great might go out there this weekend

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

(quote button not working….again :?)

sometimes it doesn't appear, but you can still type [ quote] & [ /quote] 🙂

crazy-legs

I rode round there quite regularly when I lived in Lancaster but it was usually on weekdays – I worked shifts so could get out midweek and there'd be hardly anyone around.
    There's very little in the way of legal trails round there but generally any locals that I did see weren't bothered so long as the usual rules of politeness and etiquette were observed.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

so long as the usual rules of politeness and etiquette were observed.

ie tie and tails with Hunter wellies 🙂

pinches
    Free Member

never realised so many people on here from the area, i'll be living in lancaster until saturday when i move.

Great pictures though simon, some quite eerie!

BigDummy
    Free Member

I love the cliff path at Arnside. Only ever walked it, but it must be one of my favourite stretches of path anywhere. Great pictures. 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I love the cliff path at Arnside.

it is spectaclear in a rocky-drop-of-death kinda way 🙂

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I love the cliff path at Arnside.

it is spectaclear in a rocky-drop-of-death kinda way

Probably just as well it's a night ride – didn't realise it was so far down 'til someone told me afterwards! 😆

ozzo
    Free Member

where have you been Pinches ??? Riding on your own?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

where have you been Pinches ???

I think he made the mistake of contacting me through MSN and decided we must be weirdoes 🙂

pinches
    Free Member

naaaaahhhhh rode with the boggies last christmas, just been busy with job hunting and having to work sporadically at the other end of the country, so not been riding hardly, bar one trip to glentress.

grumm
    Free Member

He he – I used to live in Storth… and I can think of only a handful of legal bits of track in that whole area

Met a guy out at the Mega this year from Storth, can't remember his name but I think he lived down south somewhere.

You moving away then pinches?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Sliverdale snowy night ride pics’ is closed to new replies.