Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Slippers…
  • jools182
    Free Member

I end up wearing trainers most of the time in the house but I’m being pestered to wear slippers

I’m trying to resist, but if I crack are there any that are practical and won’t annoy me in a falling off, sliding around on the wooden floor way?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Moccasins

mogrim

Any with a proper/plastic sole. They’re also resistant enough that if you have to head outside to get something you’ve left in the car you don’t need to put proper shoes on.

Edit: this means don’t get the comedy ones that look like Homer Simpson’s head or a bear paw or similar.

shifter
    Free Member

Drapers. Just received my third pair. They seem to be lasting 9 years per pair 🙂

stumpy01

Homeys.

Stupid name. Great slippers.

Places like schuh or Office sell them, but they have a good website too.

sweepy
    Free Member

Crocs, good slippers and it’ll teach her for telling you what to wear.

cheers_drive

I work from home most days so my slippers get more use then any shoes; it’s surprisingly hard to find decent slippers but I can recommend Ugg leather slippers. Pricey but given the amount I wear then they are definitely worth it.
    Crocs are not good slippers but are excellent for just popping out to the car / garage / shed etc.

Klunk
    Free Member

Moccasins, if you only wear them inside the house get some sole free ones heaven for your feet.

matt_outandabout

Kuco

I’ve had a pair of Celtic sheep skin moccasins for the past four years and still going strong.

geoffj

Birkenstocks unless you need the warmth

cranberry
    Free Member

Birkenstocks

They will keep your feet warm, have good grip and don’t make you look like a pensioner.

JulianA
    Free Member

Nordika are my favourites. A bit more money than some but warm, comfortable and long lasting.

A few places sell them and they are worth tracking down.

Scapegoat

I wear slippers all the time in the house. Christmas day sees the traditional wrestling dad’s foetid stinking M&S offerings off his feet, straight into the recycling, to see them replaced by an identical pair. Mrs Scape worries when she sees me wandering around naked except for slippers, but as I tell her, I haven’t stood on a wasp since 1986.

andymc06
    Free Member

Just received the North Face Nuptse slippers as shown above. Warm, comfortable, don’t fall off and have grip on the sole. Recommended.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Slippers…’ is closed to new replies.