Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Slightly odd ebay experience
  • gtkid
    Free Member

Been looking for a cyclocross bike and saw a voodoo limba on ebay. Contacted the seller to ask about the top tube measurement. Having done this I looked at the feedback, 100% on 16 reviews but mostly for selling nice secondhand bikes. Followed up this with another question asking where he got all the bikes to which the reply was “i steal them”.

Now I understand he could well be 100% legitimate and that I’ve annoyed him by being cheeky enough to ask and so have questioned his honesty, but it still seems an odd reply. Don’t want to name the user but if you search on the bike above you’ll find it.

jim
    Free Member
    piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Well he says the frame is ‘scadiadiam’, how exotic.

hora
    Free Member

Report him.

fbk
    Free Member

Well, he’s pretty bold if he really is nicking them. Some of his earlier auctions have a link to his own website – thatbikeguy.co.uk. Describes himself as Londons favourite new/used bike website.

Got his name and contact details on there too :o)

thomthumb
    Free Member

in getaway mode?

taxi25
    Free Member

Looks dodgy at first glance.But as he says he could be just a trader.He’s taking a bit of a risk if they are stolen.

Phil_H

Does he buy from police auctions?

Olly
    Free Member

report him.

if hes genuine, it s a bit of an inconvinience for him to explain himself, well deserved imo for being a smart arse to a customer with a genuine question, (which a bike keen dealer should understand is a normal concern)

if hes not genuine, heres hoping another oxygen thief gets his just rewards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Slightly odd ebay experience’ is closed to new replies.