Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Slick Commuter Tyres?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Right, My GP4-seasons have fallen apart, presumably due to sunlight (really, this summer?), the rubber’s cracked and I don’t fancy my chances of them not blowing out.

Recommend some new commuter rubber:

My commute is almost entirely A/B/C roads so super puncture protection isn’t essential as they won’ be dealing with town center detritus everyday, just needs to be good enough to not puncture every time it rains.

Slick tread, this is an aesthetic thing, if they made a puncture proof ultremo in 32c I’d buy that, but they don’t, not even a blizzard in that size 🙁 i really don’t like looking at tread on a road bike.

32c, will accept 28c if pushed, but anything narrower an I may as well take the road bike, anything wider wont fit in the guards.

Kevlar beaded, not sure why, even on 500g tyres. Must be a placebo thing knowing that you’re carrying pointless extra weight for the sake of saving £3.

TiRed

Schwalbe Durano in 32C. Wire bead but 400g. 28c is available folding.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Looking good, unless anyone’s got any other suggestions on a monday morning? Any improvement on steel bead and 50tpi otherwise I’m hitting the buy button.

binners

I use Shwalbe City Jets, But they’re steel bead and a nice chunky 1.9 (though you can get 1.5) to cope with the town cenret detrius you won’t be encountering. On the other hand, they’re as cheap as chips and last forever.

I don’t know why I even posted this. Maybe its just that it seems wrong to have a thread with no conflicting opinions. It just doesn’t seem right 😉

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

I bought some continental travel contacts on recommendation and I can say I’m more than impressed with them, puncture proof too (bonus) 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Looks like Durano’s it is then.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Slick Commuter Tyres?’ is closed to new replies.