Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sleep tracking
  • chvck
    Free Member

Does anyone do this and, if so, what device do you use? At the moment I use my phone but it’s more doing it out of interest than anything majorly useful although I do like smart wakeup. I generally get up between 2 and 8 times a night for a wee but my phone doesn’t seem to register me as awake when I get up, probably because it feels me and then stillness while I’m out bed before briefly before more movement getting back in. So I’m vaguely interested in a sleep tracking device but I’m not really 50+ quid interested… I’m also not sure about things like what my ideal sleep length should be either, how do you work that out?

Pierre

I’ve got a Misfit Shine, it’s around two years old but it’s very light and easy to wear, the batteries last a couple of months and it does very good sleep tracking.

Because they’re pretty unsophisticated compared to newer fitness trackers, you should be able to pick one up for not much on eBay.

Wally

My 2p is forget the sleep tracker and check that pee frequency is OK. Twice after a couple of teas is OK, but 8 times?

mmannerr

I use Withings Aura with sleep sensor. It measures quite a few things but about only meaningful data is time asleep, now I know how much I really need to sleep to feel fresh in the morning.

chvck
    Free Member

Should have mentioned, the amount of wee-ing is MS related so an known entity.

chvck
    Free Member

Thanks for suggestions so far. The Withings Aura looks pretty impressive as it does lighting etc… too but definitely more than I want to spend! I’ll scan ebay for some Misfit Shines to get a feel for the price of them.

Pierre

My 2p is forget the sleep tracker and check that pee frequency is OK. Twice after a couple of teas is OK, but 8 times?

Yes, good point – 8 times a night?? Are you drinking more water each time you go back to bed? If you’re having problems peeing – and I’m not joking – it’s well worth having a chat with your doctor.

EDIT: sorry, just read your update on this.

wwaswas

I used my Vivoactive HR for sleep monitoring I found 2 things;

1) it tracked me being awake but listening to the radio via a earphone as ‘light sleep’

2) I used to get a bit anxious that I’d not been recorded as ‘sleeping well’ for a couple fo nights and my insomnia got worse.

jack1991
    Free Member

I use a wrist band called jawbone up 3 tracks my resting heart rate how long I have slept when I woke up what kind of sleep I have gotten I found it to be quite good.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sleep tracking’ is closed to new replies.