Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Slackening A Devinci Dixon
  • paul123
    Free Member

Considering and slackset (if available) or off set bushings and wondered if anyone had any experience.

The prirary reason is too loose some height in the BB area.

Thoughts/experiences welcomed.

Cheers

Northwind

I don’t have a Devinci, but I’ve got slackener headsets in 2 bikes. Best way to do it IMO- doesn’t muck about with shock linkage ratios, or risk hard parts colliding, and also avoids slacking off the seattube. Assuming Works Components have a headset for your model, I’d definately recommend it.

Rickos
    Free Member

As above, although offset bushes will probably lower the BB a bit more if that’s what you’re mainly after.

I used a set of Burgtec bushes on an ’08 Orange 5 and they worked well. Easy to install.

paul123
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback. just a little concerned about what the bushes altering the rear suspension but might be worth a go for the money.

ta

scruff
    Free Member

Ive used bushing on my Commencal and have slackset on my Heckler. The bushings will make more difference to BB height esp if you have 6mm bolts. They do slacken everything off though, inc seat angle but could detect no difference to shock performance.

Northwind

Yup, that’ll depend a lot on the design… If there’s a lot of cleverness going on in the linkage curve then moving it around in that curve could have unwanted effects. I wouldn’t do it to my Herb, frinstance, because someone cleverer than me put a lot of work into its rates. But with a simpler suspension design it’ll probably be fine.

Absolute first thing to do- which I should have said, sorry- is to ungas the shock and squish everything all the way down, see how much space you have to work with and try and visualise whether it’ll all still clear with the effectively shorter shock.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Slackening A Devinci Dixon’ is closed to new replies.