Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Skye and Harris – it's photo time!!
  • danti

Have you done Torridon?
    That would be on my list next if you haven't already done it – walking around there is excellent as well!

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Thanks Clare. Will do the out and back but and I might have a wee look at the Loch Coruisk route, even if it's just down to the loch and back.

What was the other Skye route you did in the pics?

clareymorris

The other Skye roue was dead simple too.

Park in Glen Brittle at the Fairy pools car park, or the one before that on the right……….go through gate into Glen Brittle forest and take a right turn up and round the back of Beinn a Bhraghad (be aware the other route on the map is closed due to forestry to everyone at the moment). Follow the fireroads round anti-clockwise and zig zag down to Eynort. Take a right and do the road climb up through Glen Eynort to the road junction where you take the left turn down Gleann Oraid to Talisker bay. Sit on beach have lunch! Ride back off the beach and go through the farm buildings and zig zag up by the waterfall over Huisgill towards Fiskavaig (signposted) then through Portnalong and down into Carbost (fabulous road descent). Visit Talisker distillery if time money and storage space allows also have snack stop at the pub on the left with lovely back garden onto Loch Harport (scones small but tasty). Finally turn right at Merkadale and ride back up Grunagary to Glen Brittle.

Lovely 😀

clareymorris

Danti – Torridon is awesome on a bike.

Great riding, great hostel, great pub 😀

druidh
    Free Member

I've walked over to Loch Coruisk that way and don't reckon it would that good on the bike. You'd have to reverse your route to get back as the circuit around the coast includes the "bad step".

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

OK, thanks druidh. Camasunary it is then

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Sorry Clare, meant to say thanks to you also. Will try that one as well

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Skye and Harris – it's photo time!!’ is closed to new replies.