Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SKY vs BT – Phone and Broadband
  • huggis
    Free Member

We’ve just moved house (to a rural area) and need to take out a new phone and broadband contract. I’m tempted to switch from BT due to the terrible customer services and overly complex quarterly billing (which they often make mistakes on!). Quoted Download speeds seem similar, not fussed about cost as it is covered by work anyway. Anyone got any recommendations or horror stories to share?

DrJ

Don’t they use the same wires? FWIW I’ve found Sky customer service to be very good. It’s their rubbishy router on the end of BTOpenworld’s rubbishy infrastructure that will see me switching to Virgin as soon as my contract runs out.

dave32
    Free Member

Agree with DrJ there, great customer servive, shite broadband…

eltonerino
    Free Member

Although using the same wires, different broadband providers sometimes have their own equipment in the exchange (know as LLU). Check Sam Knows with your postcode for details.

My exchange (small town) has a choice of BT, Sky or TalkTalk. Everyone else is just using there equipment.

langylad
    Free Member

Just ditched the full sky package and swapped to bt. Don’t think there will be a huge difference but new customers can get a much better deal than existing so we swapped for a newer box and fibre optic for a lot less than sky would do it for (can’t get virgin round here yet)

huggis
    Free Member

So SKY seems to win on customer services but has a crap router? Perhaps best idea will be to use my existing or a new router on a sky line?

kimbers

BT shite customer service, infinity is ace however and the latest hub is really good

to be fair on our last move of house they were only a couple of days late connecting us, since then its been mint

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SKY vs BT – Phone and Broadband’ is closed to new replies.