• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by ton.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sky tv- signal split?
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Can I split the cable from my dish and run it round the house in two directions to 2 boxes. Its very close to one but miles through the house to the other. Much closer round the outside. With 2 cards I could then run 2 differnt boxes (got several) or I could run the 2nd as a free sat box. Just don’t want to ave another eyesore stuck on the side of the house. Don’t want the remote wireless method as I want 2 different things going at times.

portlyone

You don’t have two feeds from the dish?

ton

buy a quad (four output) lnb, you can run 4 standard boxes then or two hdd ones

uplink
    Free Member

Can I split the cable from my dish and run it round the house in two directions to 2 boxes. Its very close to one but miles through the house to the other. Much closer round the outside. With 2 cards I could then run 2 differnt boxes (got several) or I could run the 2nd as a free sat box

Not really, you’d be too limited

Ton knows his stuff

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive found this site useful for TV digital/analogue stuff in the past. Unfortunately their Satelite stuff is a bit thin on the ground. However read the section here http://www.aerialsandtv.com/cableandleads.html#RG6 under “Double Satellite Cable”

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

What Ton said.

Look at your LNB first – lots of them are Quad in any case. We run 2 leads to an HD 1TB box with a sky card in it, and one lead to an older HD box with a freesat card (no point in running 2 leads to that one – since you cannot record without a subscription) – and get the free HD channels on that. Doing the wiring from the LNB is easy – just don’t disturb the alignment.

By doing this we have four TVs using our single dish – with outputs from both boxes to a second TV. And we have a spare slot for another non-recording box.

mattsccm
    Free Member

bugger. in wrong section. Sorry

mattsccm
    Free Member

and a LNB is????
    Ta people

ton

the thing stuck on the arm on the front of the sky dish

GeForceJunky

I brought a Quad LNB from ebay recently. I think it was £16 posted with a long twin cable wire. Fitting it to the dish was very easy. You litterly unclip the old dish reciever and clip the new one on. Just be careful not to bash you dish out of allignment. Then route your new extra cable and jobs a good un.

ton

quad lnb from me is £5.99+vat.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sky tv- signal split?’ is closed to new replies.