Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sky Sports Question
  • SkillWill
    Free Member

I’m thinking of getting Sky and would like to watch some sports, but not others. Is there a definite breakdown of sports per channel, my suspicion is that they swap round to encourage you to subscribe to Sky Sports 1 and 2.

For instance I would like to watch golf, cricket and the odd rugby game, but not bothered about football. Could I just get Sky Sports 2, it seems from the listing that the above are on Sky Sports 2 in the main?

Secondly is there any way I can just switch it on for a few weeks to watch a particular tournament and then turn off again?

I have tried looking this up on Sky’s website but it is fairly unhelpful.

DezB
    Free Member

Sky subscription won’t let you just get SS2. I think it’s either 1+2 or 1,2,3+4, then HD. Virgin’s no doubt different.

The only division is that SS4 shows the less mainstream stuff. Most live events are on 1 or 2 (not a particular division between what is shown on each), then repeated on 3 and sometimes 4.
    So you won’t miss much with a subscription that gets you just 1+2.
    Rugby-wise (couldn’t tell you about cricket or golf), without SS3, you’d miss some of the Super Rugby, but not much else.
    Hope that helps!

(I think you can start it and cancel without notice, so you could switch on for a month, then cancel it)

SkillWill
    Free Member

Thanks for that. You can get the individual channels for £12.25 each, or £20.25 for both, see bottom of this page:

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sports/more-sports/

molgrips
    Free Member

Some more NFL on SS4 sometimes (but not always and it changes every season 🙁 )

pete68
    Free Member

What about freeview. With that in a good reception area you can add sky sports 1 and 2 as a “top up” and avoid subscribing.

Saccades
    Free Member

there is a 30day termination period nowadays too.

SkillWill
    Free Member

Eurosport is in the ‘News Pack’! Grrrr… guess that would be one I’d turn on for the Tour de France and then cancel.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sky Sports Question’ is closed to new replies.