• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sky Sports…
  • summitchilterns
    Free Member

Very off topic…! Anyone else feeling sky sports is showing less and less decent content? Seems all the premiership rugby is now with BT and only premier league footie plus some Int’l rugby is now with Sky… thoughts? WHYG that you’d recommend? (Btw I know first world problem and all that!). Thx

dallas95
    Free Member

I felt the same way six months ago so sacked it, took better broadband (sky fibre) and still save money every month. Don’t miss it either. I think I was just watching it because I could rather than because it was something I wanted to see. All the sports they show turn up on the freeview channels after a few days so it only pays off if you must watch live sport.

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s where (IMHO) European competition rules fall over. Whether it’s fair that a monopoly provider charges a football fan £30-£40 a month to watch premiership football or Competition forces them to pay £20 twice for both services so they don’t miss a match. Can’t wait till a third provider enters the market ;). (all financial statements here are completely and utterly made up)

summitchilterns
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback guys, spoke to BT too about adding BT sport for the rugby and they Want £23 a month!! WTF!?

mikey74
    Free Member

Youview from Plusnet? I pay £8.99/month and get BTSport and Eurosport, as well as some other channels.

mehr
    Free Member

I got rid of it all, the prices were a joke (legacy customer so no deals)

I went from paying £90pm+ with no sports to £24 on top of my mobile bill for double the broadband speed and use a friends Sky Go account and a private sports streaming site for £7 every two-months

andy4d

I got rid off it a while back. I still have it on my phone as part of my package so can still watch if I want to, but tend not to.

xcracer1
    Free Member

I enjoy the boxing but even that is ppv now on sky. So basically £80/month, ppv extra and you have to endure adverts as well. Cancelled sky last month but have a nowtv box that I will use for movies/entertainment over the winter and cancel in the spring.

DezB
    Free Member

Not just me then! all the balls about having “more choice” when they changed from Sky Sports 1,2,3 etc. to the named channels. How did they not get done for misadvertising? More choice means I don’t have to pay for crap I’ll never watch! oh but you can’t have Action or Main Event without paying for football, cricket and **** GOLF!!! All the stuff I will never watch! Yeah, I’ve only really kept it for the Super Rugby, I really should save myself some money. If more boxing goes the ppv route will definitely cancel.

summitchilterns
    Free Member

Agree DezB!! They seem to now have zero premiership rugby at all!! :-(. Not good!

DezB
    Free Member

BT Sport only seems worth it if you have your Tv/ broadband with BT and I don’t trust them enough.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sky Sports…’ is closed to new replies.