Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Sky Q
  • Kryton57

Already bemoaning the £80 cost of my Sky package, I thought an upgrade to a multi room/device 2TB bluetooth with some extra features over Sky+ was good…

…until I found out it was £99 up front (rrp £299) and £24 a month extra on an fixed 18 month sub. 8O.

Have I missed something?

Flaperon

You pay HOW MUCH for Sky?

Kryton57

Exactly. To be fair, after contributing to and reading other “Sky VS” threads the general consensus is to stay with it unless:

a) You’re willing to except a lower quality interface/box with Virgin
    b) You “get” the other options wired about the place for free / low cost which frankly I dont.

Drac

How much are you paying?

Have you not seen the leaving Sky thread?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Have you not seen the leaving Sky thread?

Didn’t work for me

drslow
    Free Member

I pay that much, AFTER I phoned up and ranted for 2 hours. Ended up with a 30% discount for 10 months if I resigned for 12. I was regularly £120!!!!!!

I now think I’ve got a good deal 😕

riddoch

My mate tried the I’m leaving expecting to get the call back with an offer, it never came. He is using a combination of freesat and now TV
    The virgin TiVo box is pretty good comparing it to the inlaws Sky box.ive just done the comparison and there didn’t seem to be much price difference between my £95 virgin package and equivalent sky one.

loddrik
    Free Member

Don’t think it’s any coincidence that many people have ditched their Sky subscriptions recently. Me included.

Was paying £118 a month and onky watching a handful of channels. Now pay just £20 for fibre and still watch all the same shows I did on Sky.

slowoldman

My God, some of you pay an enormous amount to watch the telly. How many hours do you spend glued to it?

Kryton57

Loddrick – how so please?

loddrik
    Free Member

Kodi. Everything worth watching is on Kodi. Movies, TV shows, sports. Watch the newest episodes of stuff as soon as they air in the US, often before they are on UK tv.

Cougar

I was regularly £120!!!!!!

I rang up and Retentions couldn’t have been more helpful. I now pay something like £33 for unlimited fibre, basic TV package, line rental and a talk plan for a phone I never use. I got a new dish, new Sky box and new router for the princely sum of £6 (delivery for the hub) too, and an engineer visit to install / test everything. Oh, and an order to call back when it all runs out to renegotiate. I was paying double before that, wish I’d called years ago.

Cougar

Loddrick – how so please?

Illegally I’d hazard. (-:

scotroutes

You don’t know how much/little he watches 😆

It’s more that there’s only 24 hours in a day, surely?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Sky Q’ is closed to new replies.