Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sky+ box frozen – how to fix / ways to get Sky to respond ?
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Picture froze, switched off at mains, wouldn’t come off standby, tried the ‘press back up to force install’ tip and that didn’t work (and have left switched off for ages too)

So – any other tips to resurrect and/or ways to deal with Sky to avoid paying engineer call out costs (ie threats to leave etc).

Still – means I’ve got Alien on Bluray now 🙂

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

There is a way to reset the box, but it reformats the drive, wiping all your saved stuff. It involves holding down a button as you reboot. I can’t remember, but I’m sure Google can help.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah I have seen that one too – trying to avoid if I can.

mav12
    Free Member

How long have left it momes takes about 20 minutes to come back on

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Just tried again (and left for a while plugged in but not switched on) and all is back on. 🙂

Then noticed Alien is on C4 tonight too 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

How on earth are we, or some poor lacky in the Sky call centre, going to know what your kids have shoved/spilt inside it?

😀

andyl
    Free Member

Can’t stand this show but your post reminded me of this…jump to 17.20: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/very-important-people/4od#3360582

Dibbs
    Free Member

I tried to get Anytime Plus on the box in bedroom the other day only to be told that it wouldn’t work because it was a Thompson box.
    Anyone got any tips on how to get a free or cheap replacement box out of Sky?

Konastoner
    Free Member

Mastiles, does it look as if the red power light flickering really fast and is slightly dim? If so the capacitors in the power supply have gone. It’s a common problem which is easily fixed if your a dab hand with a soldering iron, the capacitor kits are available on ebay for around £12. I had to do mine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sky+ box frozen – how to fix / ways to get Sky to respond ?’ is closed to new replies.