Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sky Atlantic / Boardwalk Empire
  • organic355
    Free Member

Looking forward to this!!

Writer of the sopranos, directed by Scorsese!!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Ra8PdXa9k&feature=related[/video]

rondo101
    Free Member

It is brilliant. Some of the best TV I’ve seen for ages.

Quite a lot of nudity & violence. I made the mistake of watching it on the train, only to be prompted for tickets by the conductor at the first (of many) “full frontal” moments. Quite embarrassing.

duckman

Yup,looking forward to it.

Jamie
    Free Member

Watched the whole thing the other week and am really on the fence about it. While it was certainly created with an amazing eye to detail, some of the story lines, and there are many, just seemed tertiary and thrown in just so someone somewhere could use the descriptions ‘multi-layered’ and ‘novel-like’.

Saying that it is being showered with awards state-side and imagine it will do fairly well over here…..oh, and Steve Buscemi is in it and that is worth the admission price alone.

The one thing the programme does show is that HBO are currently being bested by both FX and AMC in who is currently producing the best TV drama in the states.

BoardinBob

It’s very good though there’s not a great story arc to the first series and it ends a bit too neatly. I suspect they didn’t know they were getting a second series, though I don’t think that would really be in doubt, hence the fairly concise wrap up at the series finale.

Stephen Graham is the best thing in it, though Michael Shannon nearly steals the show.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sky Atlantic / Boardwalk Empire’ is closed to new replies.