Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Skoda Kodiaq – like !
  • iainc

just released

New big family car to replace company car due in March. Had been dithering around Superb 4×4 estate, another 5 series Tourer, A6 Avant, however this adds another to the list !

geoffj

Budget Q7? Looks alright. I’d like to see the Seat variant though for the real bargain basement version.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

It does look nice but A6 Avant and the Tourer aren’t comparable cars, surely. A poor mans’ Q7?

The Superb would be top of my list. Skoda seem to be going from strength to strength!

iainc

^^ yeah, know what you mean. Waiting for test drive in Superb to see if it feels a step down from current 5 Tourer. Am hoping not as I do like it. Estate more practical for me as bikes go on roof.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I’m on a very slow phone connection so can’t find it but Top Gear, Fifth Gear or one of th others did a 5 Series Tourer vs Superb estate vs C Class (I think) estate. You’ll find it on YouTube. IIRC, none of the presenters could see why you wouldn’t go for the Superb with a better engine and a few extra ticks on the options page over any of the others.

andyl
    Free Member

I like that. Would definitely be on our list for a new 4×4 but alas, 2.5T tow capacity apparently so we’re ‘oot 🙁

Shame.

There is an old 5th gear episode where they compare the boots of the Superb and E-class estates. Load space is very important to me but will probably go T5 or Transit next for myself and then a cheap Shogun/Range Rover for towing duties.

geoffj

Waiting for test drive in Superb to see if it feels a step down from current 5 Tourer.

When new I’d wager that it won’t feel like a step down. How it feels at 20,000 miles is something else.
    The build quality and tightness on my 2000 e46 was one of the reasons I bought a new F31.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ticks all the boxes for an SUV anyway.

Big

Ugly

Horrible front end

Tall

Yep its an SUV.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Better options available for the (anticipated) BIK rate.
    As an SUV, I’m sure it’s fine. I’m currently running a Kuga and still haven’t worked out what it’s supposed to be.

aP
    Free Member

So that means that there’s a new Q7 coming out soon then?

P-Jay
    Free Member

It’s not my sort of thing, but it looks a huge old thing for a 1.4 petrol engine – I’m sure it won’t be bad ‘on paper’ but it’s going to be a weezy old thing isn’t it?

jimw
    Free Member

Regarding build quality, unless BMW have made great strides since my 2005 E46 330D tourer, the Superb should be as well built and less rattly. When I sold the BMW with 35000 on the clock is was like being in a mouse kindergarten at playtime. The culprit was the rear seat and I never did get it quiet. Just unlucky?

parkesie
    Free Member

Seat ateca if you want a 5 seater. 1.4 wont be a sports car but will be plenty to haul it around if the current breed of small petrol turbo motors is anything to go by. 1.0 focus or 1.2 yeti for instance.

wilburt
    Free Member

ticks all the boxes for an SUV anyway.
    Big
    Ugly
    Horrible front end
    Tall
    Yep its an SUV.

Agree, it’ll appeal to people who can’t afford a Q6 or whatever is the latest gangster car.

CountZero

As an SUV, I’m sure it’s fine. I’m currently running a Kuga and still haven’t worked out what it’s supposed to be.

As an owner of an Octavia, and having had the opportunity to drive Qashqai, Kuga and Mokka SUV’s, I’d say they’re cars with a higher seating position, giving better all-round visibility, and better performance over shitty road surfaces.
    My own preference would be the Mokka X, but I did enjoy the two Kuga I drove, one a 160 bhp, the other a 180, being sat that bit higher just felt betterer.
    Not having the money to buy any of them renders it a hypothetical situation anyway, but as most of my personal driving involves mucky lanes with poor surfaces, I’m increasingly in favour of owning a vehicle that’s an SUV, rather than a conventional saloon/hatchback.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I have the 1.4tsi engine in my Superb. It’s no rocket car, but it moves and returns great MPG.

kcal

1.4tsi in Octavia combi. perfectly fine for middle aged driving. Not sure I’d go much lower though 🙂
    Was unconvinced it would be enough after used to 19 /2.0 l normal engines, but I’ve probably moderated my driving and it des the job. Needs a bit of prodding to keep up sometimes but performance and def. economy is better than last, 2l car.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I went from an Octavia vRS to the 1.4tsi 😆 I like 50mpg though 😀

P-Jay
    Free Member

Hmm it seems despite its massive size, it weight 100-150kgs less than a superb.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

The Mokka was by far the worst car I’ve ever had the displeasure to drive.

The single redeeming feature was that the drivers sun visor had both a mirror and vanity light. It had a tiny boot. Terrible performance. Poor mpg. Uncomfortable seats. Tall and ungainly. Really nothing to recommend it. I felt disappointment every time I looked at it. A looong month before I gave it back.

Any reason you don’t have a Mazda 6 estate on the list OP? We had the more powerful diesel with all the toys and loved it.

5lab

like for like (2wd petrol) – it weighs the same as the superb. Its also shorter, and less than 2cm wider. This is built on the golf platform, so has more to do with the Q2 than the Q7 (although the future q3 might be built on the same platform) – its just in typical skoda style its been enlarged to offer ‘more value’

jimw
    Free Member

Unfortunately as per usual now with VAG products, one won’t be able order the more powerful petrol or diesel models with 4×4 and a manual gearbox, DSG only. So I’m out.

dantsw13

My xc90 has 2 years left on its lease, and I’ve been starting to look around. Only a week ago I was hoping skoda would bring out a bigger suv. Voila!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Skoda Kodiaq – like !’ is closed to new replies.