Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Skinny wet weather tyres
  • RobHilton
    Free Member

I know there’s tons of these threads popping up and Beavers & Storm Control sound great however…

I’m currently using 1.9 rear and 2.1 High Rollers to slide around on – not just cos it’s a bit wet/muddy out there; they’ve also got barely any center tread left 🙂

What to replace with? Have read up loads and about to go for more HRs cos I’m used to them and know they’re ok, but any ideas on something else? Ideally UST, but TR would be fine.

I’m not looking for mud tyres – have Medusas & Trailrakers and they’re for special occasions only, being draggy as hell in anything other than a swamp 🙂

everyone
    Free Member

Bonty mud x 1.9

/thread

z1ppy

Beaver 2.0, or Mud-X 1.9/2.0 are darn skinny & not mud specific, more all-round wet weather tyres.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

DanW
    Free Member

Bonty Mud-X if you want thicker sidewalls and don’t mind the weight.

Schwalbe Dirty Dan if you appreciate the 440g weight and don’t mind scuffing the sidewall up a bit more.

Both are more like wet all rounders, which roll very well for the amount of winter grip they offer rather than being full on mud spikes (Dirty Dan may not look like it rolls quickly but it does!). Both would be better option than Medusas or Trailrakers for the majority of terrain I guess most people ride. Both are also much better on wet rocks and roots too than a Medusa/ Trailraker IME

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Skinny wet weather tyres’ is closed to new replies.