Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Skin wall tyres……….
  • alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Years ago I loved skin wall rubber.

Why are they not more readily available?

I noticed my mates Continental MK 2’s sidewalls black ‘paint’ was starting to come off & looks gash.

P.S. – Are they making a comeback?

Liftman

Pervert 😆

RustySpanner

I hope they do, but they only look good with silver/polished finishing kit.
    Which they don’t make much anymore ‘cos it’s more expensive than just anodizing it black!

I really hate this trend to make everything look black and heavy.

And don’t get me started on matt black.
    What’s that Skippy? It’s cheaper than other paint finishes?
    Who’d a thought it?

No, it’s not edgy or trendy, it’s miserable, joyless and sucks a little bit of joy out of the world.

Like’Twilight’. 🙂

Anyone with a matt black bike should be dragged off it and flogged at the side of the road.

dsb181
    Free Member

LOL @Rusty!

My bike is anodized black and think its lovely looking, each to their own.

I also really like skin/tan wall tyres, you can pick up Charge Splashbacks at pretty reasonable prices now, are they any good as an “All rounder” :roll:?
    I was also looking at DMR Supermoto’s for summer, again any opinions or other recommendations?

sbob
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner – Member

Anyone with a matt black bike should be dragged off it and flogged at the side of the road.

Oi! I resemble that remark!

I’ve been matt black for 13 years, and as an aside, my paint cost more than yours. 😛

Rorschach
    Free Member

No.Just.No.

bencooper
    Free Member

Yeah, I always despair slightly when people order a matt black bike – I’ve got a lovely big RAL flipbook, some people spend hours browsing colours 😉

Northwind

I love skinwalls but they mostly seem to be specced on bikes that don’t suit them at all. That commie is orrible…

ocrider

That bike there is a bit
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSq8ZBdSxNU[/video]
    innit?

Looks alright though.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

That commie is orrible…

I don’t particularly like the look of it either – it is an up to date bike with said skin walls tho……..

letmetalktomark

And for those with an aversion to larger wheels:

_tom_
    Free Member

Love em on my bmx

1981miked
    Free Member

Oi… Boggles!

U said u liked it last night! Ur such a sheep.. Following the crowd. Baaaaaaa baaaaaa.. Back to eating grass sheep boy!

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

letmetalktomark – That Pace is gorgeous! 🙂

1981miked – Went aff it mate – was gawping at it too lang 😉

Northwind

Black Pace there is lovely. Think my Soda could rock skinwalls but can’t get them in the tyres I like 🙁

mt
    Free Member

Sales Director at International Tyre Company Ltd/Inc. “how can we make more money this year?”

Managing Director at International Tyre Company Ltd/Inc. “lets sell skin wall tyres to all those trendy types who’ll spend a fortune to be cool”

SD “Wow that’s a brilliant new product idea”

MD “kids! the future can always be dragged out of the filing cabinet and re marketed to the gullible”

Nothing personal to all who like skinwalls but I was around when it was all you could get.

letmetalktomark

Nothing personal to all who like skinwalls but I was around when it was all you could get.

And?

So too would many of us on here.

BITD they always ended up looking shit after a couple of muddy/wet rides with the use of rim brakes.

Now the majority of us use discs and they stay looking fresh.

Simples. 😉

Joe

What are the tires on that El Mariachi?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I like em. Where can i get some?

Joe

Look like Kenda Small Block Eights!?

mt
    Free Member

Just fashion was my point. You are right though, they did look a bit crappy once used and abused. As I recall they did not age to well, that could just be my foggy memory talking. Anyone for flat bars? Oops I’m a bit late on that “new” product.

inkster
    Free Member

Now’t wrong with black Rusty, matt or otherwise.

Bet your bike looks like a ‘shell-suit’ [girlfriends observation concerning bike aesthetics…made me laugh anyway]

letmetalktomark

@ MT Ski Barends and Flex stems will see a 2014 revisit …. get your orders in.

Available in purple … purple and of course purple 😆

dizcostix
    Free Member

loved the IRC red walls on Kujos, El Gatos and the like.

skin for the win

letmetalktomark

IRC redwalls for the win (and purple anodizing)

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Love skin or red wall, all this black wall stuff of the last few years is horrid ….. bring back the skin wall 😀

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Skin wall tyres……….’ is closed to new replies.