Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Skillz – they's got 'em
  • psychle
    Free Member

Warning – Fixie Content follows…

A little bit 'too cool for school' perhaps (love the guy with the cigarette hanging off his bottom lip!) but some pretty damn good bike handling skills on display…

GW
    Free Member

reminds me of Nothern Soul dancing – ie. impressive skills but ropey as **** style.

prefer stuff like this personally

psychle
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Good old Vanderham and Fairclough, I was going to stay up for a bit but thats sending me to sleep, and its already been posted on the dullest mtb forum in this land.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

That last ones class but Inman and Hawk have the proper trails style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M6DHcoQYE8

Kit
    Free Member

God, that BMX video is about as exiting as the surfing DVD I have… Same trick over and over and over and over

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yeah it probably doesnt appeal unless you ride a bmx

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

And theres no chance of em getting attacked by a shark either

samuri
    Free Member

the fixie stuff is impressive but then some chap rode past with one of those hats on with the dangily tassels and I immediately discounted everything. It's the least manly thing I've ever seen a man wearing. I've seen men wearing dresses and stockings who look less pathetic than him.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

That fixie stuff is a bit lame to be honest!
    Definately weak skillz!

Humphry
    Free Member

certainly not a case of Smoking Skillz

Look up Danny MacKaskill (spelling?? 🙄 )

psychle
    Free Member

Yeah, I've seen Danny's vid shot in Edinburgh (hasn't the whole world by now? 😆 ), that's brilliant stuff…

I can't do any of this stuff, I struggle to pull a manual for gods sake… so I guess I'm impressed easily 😉

psychle
    Free Member

That 'Fit Trails Tour: France' clip is bloody good ain't it! Love the choice of music, something different to the pumping gnarcore rock/electro that usually gets used!

twohats
    Free Member

The whole tricks on fixies thing looks a bit clumsy and shite really. The guy doing the lame back hops sums up how bad it all looks. I bet all those skaters in the background were pissing themselves laughing at the "hipsters".

Trekster
    MrSmith
    Free Member

lame and tedious to the extreme, like those 2 girl circus tricks videos but even sh*tter
    compared to the skilz of bmx/street riders those fixie-pr*cks are talentless conceited narcissists wasting time with a video camera.

adstick
    Free Member

That fixie video is laaaaame. There really is only one trick and it looks rubbish.

Kit – Only one trick? Are you sure? Trail riding isn't really about tricks however there are a lot more than one trick in that vid. So much more style that fixie wheelies too.

psychle
    Free Member

fair enough… though, can anyone deriding them actually do the same trick?

nedrapier

this is a bit more like it: http://www.vimeo.com/6200166

Been posted before, but it's got what that 1st one is lacking: bit more variety, bit more actual skillz and a sense of… wait for it… it being fun to do!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Sorry but that fixie stuff is like learning to juggle, you do it enough and you'll get there.

That 4 friends 4 bikes is pretty freaking awesome. When 360ing off north shore across a 20 ft gap onto a downslope, at some point you gotta trust yourself enough to have a go in the first place. They have skill and reactions that I think most people simply aren't born with.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Skillz – they's got 'em’ is closed to new replies.