Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Skills day / instruction recommendation
  • Djnova
    Free Member

HI,

Looking at booking a skills day and was wondering if anybody had any recommendations or experiences of ones near south wales? or within a reasonable traveling distance?

Thanks

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Suart is the boy in Mid Wales

http://www.forestfreeride.co.uk/index.html

or Swansea based is my friend Kim, I do social wednesday night rides with him occasionally and is a top lad too.

http://www.mountainbiketours.co.uk/skills_courses.htm

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Stu in mid Wales.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

yep Stuart not Suart 😉

sorry Stu 😳

RayMazey
    Free Member
    5AM
    Free Member

It might take you a few hours but go to Herts and see Jedi @ UK bike skills. I can’t say enough about how he has improved my riding, and I’ll definitely be going back.

If I could afford to I’d be there getting coaching every other month!

jedi

thanks for the kind words guys 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Slight hijack, but the wife and a friend are pondering a similar question. My suggestion was jedi. Although I’ve not trained with him, it does seem to be the default answer on stw to such a question, plus she could check it out before I book anything.

Anyway, back to the wife. She’s looking for: –
    Either 2-to-1 training or a girly only day.
    Within reach of the east midland//nottingham
    They both ride the peaks but will walk bits of the beast/cavedale/chapel gate.
    Love bits like the fairholmes decent from the top of hagg farm.
    Ride Welsh trail centre blacks but are probably more at home on reds.
    Both talk about finding a beginners course but I think they’re both above that level.
    Prefer natural stuff to trail centres.

The wife did comment that jedi’s training ground looks a bit artificial. I’m guessing that’s either something he could be flexible with or it’s just the clips she’s looked at.

Both have no interest in leaving the ground but I think they’d both be high for weeks if a little air was achieved.

Your thoughts and comments please folks.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I should have started a new thread shouldn’t I.

jonrambo
    Free Member

You cannot learn sumthing u hav’nt got in the first place, unless u have the force then u will be able to excell, but use it wisely, and one day u just might be a shredder like me! 8)

xiphon
    Free Member

Depends on what you want to learn/improve your skills on?

Djnova
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions, ill have a look at the links, i did think of uk bike skills due to all the great reviews but it’s about 3 hours away, i wont rule it out just for that though.

I can ride reasonably well i think, speed wise etc, but i think its mainly reacting to stuff and not picking lines etc, one area there is no doubt i need improvement is jumps and table tops so probably after a course with some jumping instruction.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Skills day / instruction recommendation’ is closed to new replies.