Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Skills courses within 1.5 hours of the Wirral.
  • Mackem

Does anyone know of /recommend any skills courses run anywhere within a mornings drive from the Wirral, that will be doing courses over the Xmas/New Year period?

Cheers.

nbt

Try Nigel page (ST helens), Great Rock (hebden bridge – pushing it) or the people at Llandegla

project
    Free Member

Bikeright , the national cycle trainers based in Mnchester, have a office in liverpool.

Dont forget it snows etc at xmas, so courses may be cancelled at short notice.

Mackem

Cheers for that.

(fairly blatant bumo for the morning lot)

neil853
    Free Member
    tomhoward

One Planet at Llandegla are really good!

Mackem

The Llandegla looks top of the list at the moment. Just wondering abiut the Jumps and drops course.
    I ride plenty of techy stuff, but I never get any sort of air. This is the area in which I want to improve. So, can anyone tell me if I’d be ok “jumping” straignt into the jumps and drops course even thought their pre-requisites say “sometimes you find yourself in the air, but want more control” .

I’ve ridden the red and black at LLandegla, with no problems but with my tyres on the ground.

I should ask them really.

nbt

d’oh, *facepalm*

how could I forget my own friend?

http://emmyhoyesmountainbikeinstructor.blogspot.co.uk/

honourablegeorge

Give Bob & Ally Campbell a call, they live just outside Llandegla, and are both lovely folks.

Bob does a specific Jumps & Drops course.

http://www.campbellcoaching.eu

tomhoward

Makem,

I did the jumps and drops course and got loads out of it, they start you off on really basic stuff (stance, foot position, body position) feels a bit silly to start with but you progress fairly quickly on to bunny hops, manuals and drops, then move to a pump track, some bigger drops (not high, but to teach you technique) then on to a small set of table tops, then bigger jumps at the end.

They also film you and take you through what you’re doing, be it good or bad, which helps more than you’d think.

The jumps you do at the end, you’d never believe you’d be able to do them at the start of the day!

Mackem

Cheers Tom.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Skills courses within 1.5 hours of the Wirral.’ is closed to new replies.