Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Skills Courses in the South West
  • bgd
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a skills course in the South West? I’m near Plymouth and have seen a couple online but was interested in opinions of anyone who has actually used them.
    Thanks

ade9933
    Free Member

ProRideGuides do FoD. not sure if far enough south for you. BPW do training too of course.

ade9933
    Free Member

there’s a Bristol crew too… can’t rememebr the name of the top of my head but I think they did some bikemagic vids on youtube.

pedal progression maybe?

jam-bo

Jay williams does DH days at gawton.

BigDummy
    Free Member

There’s a Bristol crew too.

Pedal Progression

carlphillips
    Free Member

+1 for jay williams, you’ll get a lot out of a day with him by all accounts as a few mates have used him.
    also for plymouth based, maddie and jay horton of fully sussed do a skills day which may suit depending on what sort of skills you want to brush up on..
    if its wheels in the air then jay all day! if its basics and xc type skills then try maddie.

nickjb
    Free Member

There’s Exmoor Adventures. Not tried them, though.

amedias
    Free Member

+1 for Jay W, or the Hortons.

Also Tony @Evolve MTB, based in East Dartmoor but works all over D+C

Depends what you’re after really as ‘Skills Course’ can mean many different things!

Worth actually having a chat with them in advance as well as just reading up and asking opinions from other as you may find you simply get on better with one Vs the other and that can make a big difference to how well you learn.

bgd
    Free Member

Thanks for all the suggestions. I guess I’m looking to gain a bit of confidence on drops, roots sections and general technique so will have a look through and see who might be best.

neilforrow

Tony @Evolve MTB

+1, top bloke.

cubemeup
    Free Member

look for gareth hopkins mtb skills in newport. hes very good

amedias
    Free Member

I guess I’m looking to gain a bit of confidence on drops, roots sections and general technique

based on this and your location I’d say Maddie/Jay Horton (Fully Sussed) or Tony (Evolve) should be first on your list then.

ceepers

+1 for tony at evolve. Really enjoyed my session, learnt loads and great value!

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Dan at Exmoor adventures – really nice guy, great course

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Skills Courses in the South West’ is closed to new replies.