Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Skills Courses
  • EvoKnievel
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a good MTB trail skills course?

I’m in Sheffield, so Jedi is probably a bit far away, despite the very good reviews.

Cheers

Rich

crazy-legs

A Quick Release do Peaks-based skills days but their website appears to be in a state of redesign at the moment and the link to their Coaching page is broken. 🙁

Drop them an email though, I’m sure they’ll be happy to help. I went on one of their skills days a few years ago at Sherwood Pines and I’ve been out on holiday to Luchon with them once too. Excellent company and the skills day worked for everyone – there were people there who had hardly ridden a bike off-road before to a couple of very good XC racers and everyone learned something new.

blazingbikes
    Free Member

Come see the boys at Blazing bikes, http://www.mtb-shropshire.co.uk for some top skills courses!!

stills8tannorm
    Free Member
    mattrgee
    Free Member

Ed @ Great Rock.

elaineanne
    Free Member

lol i was just about to sat Ed Ox ! @Great Rock.. still a distance but closer than Jedi..

keyses2

It’s your choice but i wouldn’t dismiss going to see Jedi, if you are interested, it’d be well worth it, totally changed my riding and i’m still benefiting from my sessions over 12months later and my riding is still progressing (i’m about 3hrs drive from him but it was totally worth it 🙂 )

nbt

what the **** is it with people who thonk hertfordshire is “north”, are you incapable of looking at a map? Is Jedi paying you all to spam anything mentioning skills courses? I’m getting fed up of seeing “oooh travel 200 miles to see jedi” on threads where people say they want a course in a specific area

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

An advantage of Stu’s at forestfreeride, in addition to his very well thought out coaching programme, is that it’s also a wonderful location for big-ass rides on real mountains + mach and nant are reachable. And he provides decent on-site digs too. And it’s really not expensive.

Treat yourself to a long weekend’s riding.

PaulBecks
    Free Member

Try Al Bowker at http://www.daletrails.co.uk

Top lad based in Rochdale.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Ta Buzz 🙂

keyses2

nbt the OP didnt specify an area, he just said it was probably too far, i was just saying if he was interested its worth the drive. He may decide it is too far but its his choice, life is about choices after all (and Hertfordshire is nearer Sheffield than Powys but you dont mind someone suggesting forest freeride)

ElShalimo

+1 for Ed at Great Rock. Top bloke

RayMazey
    Free Member
    winterfold
    Free Member

“He may decide it is too far but its his choice, life is about choices after all”

The force is strong in this one 😉

mboy
    Free Member

what the **** is it with people who thonk hertfordshire is “north”, are you incapable of looking at a map? Is Jedi paying you all to spam anything mentioning skills courses? I’m getting fed up of seeing “oooh travel 200 miles to see jedi” on threads where people say they want a course in a specific area

Bit strong no?

For some things we would be prepared to travel no further than the end of our road, for others we’d travel the world twice round (or I would anyway). All things are relative.

I can only say, having known Jedi of sorts for a number of years, you couldn’t meet a more enthusiastic person for what he teaches, and this is why he gets so much praise. Put it this way, I can barely remember any number of skills or training courses (for various things) I’ve been on over the years, but a few hours with Jedi will stick in my head forever. And I travelled 3 hours each way to spend the day with him too.

rOcKeTdOg

nbt – Member

WOW 😯 maybe just maybe he is that good?*

*i can say i have no connection with Jedi and have never been on one of his courses, i do though have several fiends who have been and have enthused about the experience when they come back. recommendations for jedi all seem to be from riders who have visited him, not who have connections with him from what i’ve seen, the same goes for Ed Oxley

clareymorris

Through personal experience I recommend http://www.cycleactive.co.uk They are based in the lakes so not only do you get great coaching you get to ride in the lakes too!

jedi

thanks for the recommend people
    thanks for questioning my integrity nbt!

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Ed @ great Rock for sure.

I hired him for the day and was money well spent, great bloke and great tutor.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Skills Courses’ is closed to new replies.