Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • skills course today…… lee quarry
  • philfive
    Free Member

Looking forward to it but gutted its raining but having seen ed doing a course before in bad weather, his enthusiasm in this weather is scary 😉 anyone else braving the weather?

Bregante

Count yourself lucky. I've got to work. Once you're wet, you're wet etc

elaineanne
    Free Member

erm think about the hundreds of people doin the mary townley loop today (takes average time of 7 hours….thats well hell of a soaking today !

philfive
    Free Member

Yes those on the Mary townley will get wet and muddy, there are some very muddy sections.

ahwiles
    Free Member

that's my biggest (only) criticism of lee quarry – the exposure.

it's no-one's fault, it can't be helped, but i'll be checking for a weather window before my next visit.

i'm just grumbly because i'm meant to be diy-ing the bathroom today…

elaineanne
    Free Member

lol pity there’s no trees (awiles)..should we get ‘Ed Ox’ to ‘drag’ some trees and bushes in for you (it mite keep the wind out ya hair ! 😉 :mrgreen: 😆

philfive
    Free Member

lol

we ended up going over to Hebden and doing it there in the trees, had a good time riding the rocky parts of blue pig. lots of wet muddy fun was had.

Cougar

Ah, Phil, I may have met you yesterday then… (-:

elaineanne
    Free Member

Blue pig route is extremely muddy at the mo ! and some awfull bind weeds have grown just as you enter it from the top section from the main rd…pink/white weeds everywhere…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘skills course today…… lee quarry’ is closed to new replies.