Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Skills course – 60 miles radius approx from Cheshire
  • chocolateteapot
    Free Member

Hello

Any recommendations for a skills course within about 60ish miles of Cheshire?

Looking at getting one for me and a friend in January

We’re reasonably confident riders, not afraid of small jumps and drops. Could do with advancing on this though with a jumps, drops and cornering course of some sort.

Anyone used Ride MTB coaching at Lee Quarry?

mattrgee
    Free Member

Ed @ Great Rock will sort you out, usually held up at Gisburn.

ElShalimo

Yep Ed’s your man

monkeysfeet
    Free Member
    chocolateteapot
    Free Member

Cheers all, heard a few bad reviews about oneplanet specifically the neil donoghue courses. Apparently over crowded and too much self promotion / showing off according to a friend, however, I ride at Llandegla so knowledge of the trail may be a plus point?

Had a look at some of Ed’s videos at Gisburn and he seems like a good trainer, very calm!

Anyone experienced Ride MTB coaching? their clearly very capable bikers based on their promo video but no idea on their coaching skills? – Ride MTB promo video

julians
    Free Member

I did the Neil Donohue course at Llandegla a couple of years ago, I thought it was pretty good, not overcrowded, no self promotion. One guy did end up going home in an ambulance though after crashing on a drop.

Jenko
    Free Member

If you want the very best coaching, jump in the car, head south and visit Tony here: http://www.ukbikeskills.co.uk/

It’s a fair old trek, but doable in a day, there and back. I, and a friend, spent a day with Tony recently and can whole-heartedly recommend him. I did a jumps n drops course at ‘Degla several years ago: it was helpful, but not outstanding. Tony on the other hand has a strange ability to totally transform riders.

Do it, you really won’t regret it.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Cheers all, heard a few bad reviews about oneplanet specifically the neil donoghue courses. Apparently over crowded and too much self promotion / showing off according to a friend, however, I ride at Llandegla so knowledge of the trail may be a plus point?

Had a look at some of Ed’s videos at Gisburn and he seems like a good trainer, very calm!

Anyone experienced Ride MTB coaching? their clearly very capable bikers based on their promo video but no idea on their coaching skills? – Ride MTB promo video

I can Deffo vouch for their skills, two very good capable and very enthusiastic lads, I think you would have a lot of fun with them too 🙂

Oh, just thought, their both out in spain riding/training for the next few weeks.

dunmail
    Free Member

Ed’s pretty straightforward in his approach, little showboating, quite humorous. You push yourself as much as you want there’s no forcing you to do things (might be different in a group of solely young lads) .

Like all these things, you get shown things but it’s up to you to go away and practice, practice, practice.

robpol
    Free Member

ukbikeskills.co.uk

Well worth going to see Tony, really transformed my riding in a few hours!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Skills course – 60 miles radius approx from Cheshire’ is closed to new replies.