Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Skiing Holiday with the dog!
  • LHS
    Free Member

Instead of putting the pooch in the kennel this year I thought I would attempt to bring him with us on the ski holiday and find some good dog friendly accommodation. Plan would be to go for a good long hike with him every morning and then ski all afternoon.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this and any recommendations for accommodation / companies etc.

dazzlingboy

No ideas – but I like your style and would love to do the same.

bigbob38
    Free Member

Try speaking to ski olympic – stayed in Reberty with them season before last and they had a freindly dog living in one of the chalets!!

Worth a try….

RV
    Free Member

Chatel Tour have dog friendly holiday lets

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

There used to be some brilliant skiing videos (at least I remember them as such but I was normally drunk when in resort) where a pro skiier was out with his huskey & it went off mad stuff.

So take a video camera with you 🙂

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

My dog’s paws bleed when she plays out in the snow too much – buy some booties!

LHS
    Free Member

Yes, some dogs are prone to that. Ours is ok, he grew up in the Mountains in the snow and used to go cross country skiing with us and doesn’t have a problem. Defo worth considering if your dog is not used to it though.

bruk

If you are UK based and looking at going abroad then you will have to sorted his passport already. It takes 7 months form starting to when they can re-enter the UK!

If all sorted then I remeber seeing a Husky type dog in Kaprun that had it’s own lift pass. it would usually run up under the lift but if it went over ravines etc it would sit quietly on the chair then follow it’s owner down the hill avoiding everyone very neatly. 1 fit dog.

LHS
    Free Member

Yep he’s got his pet passport so no worries there!

bruk

Guess you are driving so I would pick somehwere reasonable to drive 1st then start hunting from there.

Hope you have great trip.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Skiing Holiday with the dog!’ is closed to new replies.