Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Skidding – Good or bad?
  • wors

I'd rather aspire to be a Colin Mcrae than a Seb Loeb any day of the week

what dead?

terrahawk
    Free Member

I only ever skid on golf courses.

MrAgreeable

I think we should all unite in our hatred of one particular type of skid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x4EI1nltEs&feature=related

wool

I am with terahawk, try Penrith for size its well good

RHSno2
    Free Member

Skid Nazi's.

Imagine riding down a trail and you come in hot, jam on the anchors and your wheel locks. Skiiiiiid!

Man wearing what appears to be an SS outfit jumps out of the heather. Strides towards you:

"That was fun" you say

"Quiet" He barks
    "You must not skid, have fun or even attempt any humour. If you do not start taking yourself way too seriously I'll be round with my mobile gas chamber!"

He whips out a pair of leather gloves of hits you around the chops. Very roughly indeed.

The Future.

ash

skidding is the mac-daddyiest of ALL bike tricks… EVERYbody knows that, plus chicks dig it !

RHSno2
    Free Member

Especially if you can drink a beer and skid at the sametime! Imagine the following you'd have 🙂

DWH
    Free Member

I'm a bit of a trail centre novice so I need to get this straight:

Setting out armed with picks and shovels and despoiling some perfectly innocent undergrowth to create a 'trail' is "good", yet hurtling down the same trail and redistributing some of the man-made surface in a skid is "bad".

Is that correct?

RHSno2
    Free Member

Oh its Way more complex than that. Don't think you can come on here with your 'simple' explanation and clear things up!!

🙂

lyons
    Free Member

right, off to afan and brechfa now for the weekend. I'm sure i'll skid the back round, absolutely on purpose, once or twice… Bite me

Chalkyslide
    Free Member

Chalkyslide – Member
    I will take a closer look tonight to see if it's drifting – nevertheless the clip still condones erosion on national TV.

I'm pretty sure the Halfords clip first "drift" is infact a skid – there seems to be plenty of left hand action going on when watched in slow motion reply 😀 The other clips use 2/3rd screen edits that make it difficult to see the brake levers.

Fortunately I'm now recording the TDF highlights so I can skip the ads 🙂

Time to drop this one I think. Would have been so so different if he hadn't been wearing a helmet ❓ Or are there pro organ donors on here too 😯

jamie01
    Free Member

I think you should remove that seat post from your ass. Since when did mountain biking get so serious. Skids are cool

PJ266
    Free Member

Three pages 😀 Brill. braking bumps are the worst (especially on a hardtail) skidding is just the same as riding a set of DJ's and casing a landing (and not repairing it) ergo, BAD.

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Danny heart does a pretty good drift in this… looks kinda useful as well 🙂
    danny mega qual

always like a good skid about on some loose fire roads – it's great. regular singletrack skidding = bad.

PJ266
    Free Member

+1 Skids on irrelevant fire roads are rad.

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Skidding – Good or bad?’ is closed to new replies.