Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Skelwith Fold Route Query
  • carlossal
    Free Member

Hi all
    Just a quick Lake District route question. Anybody know the status of this track leading past Holmeshead Farm near Skelwith Fold ? Here. It is shown on 1:25000 maps as "Other Routes With Public Access". Is it permissible to cycle along it or should I take a longer route to avaoid any hassle ?

Ta in advance

carl

geoffj

It looks like a road, so I'd ride it. The worst that could happen would be a shouting at by the farmer or being chased by a farm dog. Go for it!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I've ridden it a couple of times, but it was years ago, so my memory is a bit dim. No probs with the inhabitants. It's mostly quite vague as it's rarely used (or so it looked)

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I used it years ago on trail bikes…ahem

I still use it on Mountainbikes and have had no problems with the farmer,I have contacted a friend with ROW knowledge and he says it has been downgraded from a Road (status Boat,Byroad unkown to me) to Bridleway, on the councils definative list of streets.

Its quite a wet one but satisfying to clean it,no pun intended. 😉

boxelder

Did it a couple of years ago NW>>SE. Pretty grotty – mud, ruts, not very interesting at all, and easy to stray from.
    I certainly wouldn't suggets you look for the delightful singletrack through the woods to the east instead……….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Skelwith Fold Route Query’ is closed to new replies.