Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sizing on Northwave mtb shoes?
  • somafunk

Anyone own the Northwave Spider plus 2 mtb shoes and can offer advice on how they fit?, I’m somewhat between a 42/43 but cannot find the 1/2 sizes anywhere – From the limited reviews i’ve read online they appear to be on the larger size so i may have to order both and send one back but i thought i’d try the stw knowledge base first.

Northwave Spider Plus 2 here

bruneep

Order both had to do this with their mid enduro shoes ended up with 43 they fit fine.

They also fell apart when in the swiss alps.

Did get a warranty pair in fairness

somafunk

Cheers bruneep, funnily enough i was also looking at that model of shoe, How old were they?, that looks like they broke on the section of shoe that flexes when walking. How waterproof are they?, Have you been happy with them other than the spd plate breaking.

bruneep

6 months old. Noticed both soles cracked on the Tuesday of hols. Big hike a bike on the Friday and the spd plate ejected. Made the descent into Italy “fun”

Not at all waterproof as they have mesh vents, wear my merino socks if warmish or sealskins if typical Scottish weather.

I like them other than that. Plenty roomy at the toes Shimano and deemax I always found cramped my toes.

I ordered loads of shoes from retailers that did free returns. As sizing and width varied considerably

Oh on 1st pair had to get the closing mechanism repaired as that failed after a month. And the cover caps can come off easily if riding through heather etc they do deliver replacements by unicorns ?iven the postage they charged me.

somafunk

Cheers for the info, I was initially wanting a decent amount of weatherproofing but if the rain is that bad i generally wuss-out and drink coffee/eat cake instead, i may also have a look at the Scott Trail evo gtx as that has a gore tex lining.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Not got those particular Northwave shoes, but have had / have multiple other pairs… as bruneep says, they’re well spaced up front for a wider foot. I’m usually a 44 in normal footwear and take a 45 in NW… however just got a pair of their new Outcross shoes and had to take a 44… Not sure if that’s any help at all! 😕

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sizing on Northwave mtb shoes?’ is closed to new replies.