Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sitting on the beach.
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

why.?

Apart from perving I just don't get it. Spent the best part of the day yesterday at the beach and on whole I was bored to tears. I kept looking at the hills and wishing I was playing up there. The girly friend loves them, She could spend all day doing nowt.

Sand every where, Bloody stuff.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Just go surfing or swimming. And letch at scantily clad females.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

Find something to do at the beack then? TBH I was much the same until we had kids, taking 2 20 month olds to the beach for the first time is ace.

Onzadog
    Free Member

neil, have to agree. Luckily, the wife feels the same so we never have to do it. We're off for a week mountain biking in the Alps soon.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

taking 2 20 month olds to the beach for the first time is ace.

Looking forward to doing that one myself in a couple of weeks.

But re the OP – relaxing on a beach with a book, a beer and an iPod, getting comfortable and just unwinding is one of life's great wonders. It can take time to empty the head and let it just happen, but when it does it is amazing. Remember you don't NEED to be doing something all the time, just sloooow down and enjoy the moment.

molgrips
    Free Member

Swimming
    Getting a tan
    Reading
    Large scale hydraulic engineering in miniature, via the medium of sand*

*this is my favourite, and it greatly helped if you have a beach with a stream on it.

iDave
    Free Member

totally agree with OP.

beach is just that thing you have to walk across to get to the water

tho' handy for candy

johni
    Free Member

My 20month old son and I built an ace F1 car in the sand in Fuerteventura. Great fun. I can't sit still for more than 5mins so we charge about all day.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

We spent a lot of time on the beach with our little boy (22 months old) – he loves it so we love it. I'm allowed to sneak off for a surf whenever there is any.

Better than hanging around in some stinking hot city.

jam-bo

It's where dirt meets water.

yossarian
    Free Member

why sit on the beach?

1. drink beer
    2. have barbequed prawns
    3. go swimming from time to time and then chill out by repeating steps one and two

if you have kids then the beach is THE place to be. Rock pools, seaweed, crabs chasing the waves and generally doing kid stuff.

My kids are at the beach near enough every day and cannot get enough of it. It also means that putting them to bed in the evening is a doddle because its true what they say about sea air!

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

Full of Morphine?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sitting on the beach.’ is closed to new replies.