Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • SIS rego or the like….anyone?
  • ton

suffering from dead legs all the time. maybe watching my diet a bit too much, so thinking about trying some recovery drink.

sis rego caught my attention…anyone use it?

mj27
    Free Member

Had a similar thought here as I am commuting a hilly route both ways every day, was looking at SIS protein gels but need a cheaper option of a good deal on them.

Interested in the suggestions

globalti
    Free Member

I use maltodextrin from Myprotein for energy while on the bike, adding an electrolyte tab in hot weather.

I eat meat and eggs for protein. I met a German doctor sitting outside a cyclists’ cafe eating five fried eggs; he told me they were excellent for recovery.

jameso

My Protein .com is good for whey protein powder, cheap and effective.

It’s a lack of carbs that tend to make my legs feel dead though, protein powder is just an optional boost for recovery after particularly hard rides (assuming an average diet). And without recovery time there’s no amount of whatever you can eat to get the leg pep back. If your rides are under an hour just take them really, really slow at times, better for you than the same pace all the time. Much over an hour and it’s probably not recovery anymore at any pace, not sure though.

I expect rego has other good things in it too, SIS stuff is good ime but it seems ott w/o proper training plans etc.

MoreCashThanDash

Might just be in my head but some form of recovery drink/bar straight after riding seems to help me recover quicker.

I usually have a bottle of For Goodness Shakes or a SIS Protein bar, whatever was cheap and available at the time. I’m sure proper food and rest would do the same, but it’s quick and convenient when you are rushing around with family stuff.

Kuco

I sometimes use SIS rego. It’s often on offer on their website.

xyeti
    Free Member

I’ve used High5 4:1 in the recent past, im certain it promotes recovery but boy o boy does it clap the weight on 😯

I’ve dropped back to Milk, peanut butter, sardines, eggs meat etc and I’m better in the weight department but sometimes my legs still feel a bit wooden after a rest day.

Kryton57

globalti – Member
    I use maltodextrin from Myprotein for energy while on the bike, adding an electrolyte tab in hot weather.

I eat meat and eggs for protein. I met a German doctor sitting outside a cyclists’ cafe eating five fried eggs; he told me they were excellent for recovery.

Separated at birth! Me two, although I buy myprotien’s electrolyte powder which is about £8 for a years supply. Same thing with eggs, I am now a poached egg expert.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Yeah, use the strawberry rego. Tastes good, mixes easily and as above is frequently on offer.

My work schedule means that all the exercise i do is in 5 continuous days each week. Using rego a couple of times, after the hardest sessions (c.3 hours running) I find that I don’t get a build up of fatigue.

Matt

grumpysculler
    Free Member

Might be worth getting the odd massage as well – really helps promote recovery and lets you maintain intensity without building up too much muscle fatigue.

Northwind

I actually like the pink rego, there’s something excellently childish and medicinal about it. But I don’t use it so much now, yazoo chocolate milk ftw.

chakaping
    Free Member

I usually make a bottle of rego up to put in the van for after a hard ride.

Had a few of them this week and not much fatigue, so it works for me.

I’d have choc milk instead if i could get it as cheap.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I was sucker for SIS stuff in my tri days – then realised much easier to mark your own. Milk on its own or nesquick!

stevious

Anything with roughly the right amount of fluid / carb / protein will do the job so whichever brand of powder you get will probably be fine. Chocolate milk should work too but might end up being more expensive or less convenient. I’ve used SIS and CNP – both were fine.

Just got one of these protein shaker bottles from wiggle for taking to races, etc. The metal doodah does a great job of mixing.

pondo

Felt a benefit from using it but I wouldn’t want to say how much of that is mental.

Bedds
    Free Member

The Protein Works is a good source as well, although I’m off the bike at the moment, they have good deals and I’ve tried the recovery powder and it’s lovely. They’ve also got a great customer service team who will speak to you about what you want. I was concerned about their stuff being for weight lifters, but they pointed me to a different product 🙂

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I used to ue Rego a bit, but I found the Nocte far better when I was cycling a lot. I’d struggle to sleep because of twitching sore legs, the nocte used to make a big difference, the sleep stuff in it seemed to work for me. I’d say it felt like I’d had an extra hour in bed when I woke up as a rough guide.

simondbarnes

I get on really, really well with Torq recovery. Recovery seems much better than when I used to use Rego and it’s easier on the stomach.

fatmax

Usually use milk after a normal ride / run, but got a big tub of For Goodness Shakes for after big efforts / when I have something on the next day too.

langylad
    Free Member

Said it many times before on here, but L glutamine helps take the edge off for me, Myprotein are the cheapest by far. My wife works for a health food company and they are currently selling their maltodextrin electrolyte energy drink gumph down from 20 quid to £7.50. They sell lots of strength building products but struggle to shift the cycling stuff so they are selling it off at cost.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘SIS rego or the like….anyone?’ is closed to new replies.