Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • SIS drinkers: PSP22 or GO ?
  • Surfr
    Free Member

What do you drink on the trail and why?

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

psp is for when its not hot, go is for when its hot (electrolyte content)

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

GO for me, just seems to suit me better

wwaswas

I get on better with GO, my wife uses PSP.

get a couple of sachets of each and give them a try.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I use lemon and lime Go on my road bike as it is aimed more at hydration than PSP.

whyter

Just buy High5 and get electrolytes in all the drink mixes. Fewer weird chemicals than SIS as well.

grtdkad

IIRC Go (electrolyte) works out cheaper than PSP too. . . You use less powder per litre.

wwaswas

High5 had some 'unfortunate' side effects for me.

grtdkad

+1 for High5, their gels are much more palatable than SIS Gels IMO

29erKeith
    Free Member

Torq even fewer chemicals again

aracer
    Free Member

IIRC Go (electrolyte) works out cheaper than PSP too. . . You use less powder per litre.

That would be because you get less carbs per litre…

Surfr
    Free Member

I've tried 500g of each but not under any structured test environments. I did notice that sweat would crystalise on the surface of the skin if I'd been drinking Go a lot in the heat.

It just seemed as though Go was aimed more at hydration and PSP22 at energy. I probably need more energy as I don't like taking on solids when riding much. I guess the water in the mix will hydrate me enough?

trail_rat
    Free Member

neither – SIS go and psp22 both taste bad and contain aspartame and other chemicals id rather not eat …

Torq or Zipvit for me

tragically1969
    Free Member

I agree SIS, is nasty stuff and will rot your teeth and insides over time.

Better off with water and Nuun tablets for hydration and Clif Bars for energy

trail_rat
    Free Member

go and psp are pretty much the same shit but that go has salts in it.  the both have pretty similar carb content and calories per serving.

Marketing machine is good though !

Typical Values per 100g serving

Energy 1683kj/371kcal, Carbohydrate 99g, of which sugars 6g, Protein 0g, Fat 0g. thats for psp

per 80gram
    Energy 1300kj/287kcal, Carbohydrate 76g (of which sugars 13g), Protein trace, Fat 0g, sodium 400mg, chloride 650mg, calcium 45mg, magnesium 10mg, potassium 120mg.
    thats for go

note the different serving sizes – so when you up the go to 100grams its pretty much the same.

nuun tabs for hydration and real food for eating

FuzzyWuzzy

Go for me as I want the energy and electrolytes. I normally rely on food for most of the energy so it's just a little extra boost.

oddjob
    Free Member

PSP for me in the past, but now I use Maxim.

Used to use high5 but made me fart like a trooper 😳

cp

Torq is far far better for me – more natural tasting, no vomit-inducing stomach cramps I get with PSP or GO, no nasty sweeteners (why on earth are these put in sports drinks??!), and available in natural so you can flavour yourself or just have plain.

aracer
    Free Member

nuun tabs for hydration and real food for eating

All very well provided you have the time and hands to get real food out to eat, and find it easy to digest when going hard – doesn't work too well for either MTBO or kayaking (or for running personally).

wicked
    Free Member

Buy the ingredients and make it yourself, its very easy. It costs about £4.00 for 1.5 kg thats quite a saving. It's usually the sweetener that causes the tummy trouble so that can be avoided too.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘SIS drinkers: PSP22 or GO ?’ is closed to new replies.