Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • SIRI, still pointless..?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

I find it utterly frustrating and pointless. Anyone actually use it regularly and can therefore espouse some virtues…?

beckykirk43
    Free Member

I very occasionally use it to set an alarm or google something, although usually do it manually!

Have a laugh and change the language! 😛

nealglover
    Free Member

Turned it off.

Next to useless for me.

grum
    Free Member

Sometimes use it in the car.

CountZero

Never used it, I prefer to tap any queries or requests in directly, gives me chance to frame the question properly.
    Plus talking to an electronic device that’s not connected to someone else just makes me feel a bit of a tit… 😳

pebblebeach
    Free Member

I use it to make calls or send texts in the car or on the bike, works well enough for me.

ski
    Free Member

My kids found it entertaining for 10 min

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s good for setting reminders or sending texts, and I have asked it for the nearest post office once.. It works, but it’s not thebestthingintheworldEVER, no 🙂

MrGrim

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjZ4tdtEvcQ[/video]

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I just use him to swear at. Can’t really ever get a rise out of him though. Eventually I expect it to say “F*** you, I’m deleting your photos!”

zilog6128

I find it much better/quicker than the old fashioned way for making/changing appointments – use it a lot for that. Occasionally use it for short replies to texts/emails.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Ask it where to bury a body. Or something completely nonsensical, it’ll entertain for a few mins!

bencooper
    Free Member

Gf asks, randomly, “where’s Macau?”

Press button, say, “where’s Macau?”, hand to gf.

That’s the kind of thing I use it for. AKA the LMGTFY button.

grahamh
    Free Member
    DezB
    Free Member

As others have said, use it in the car to send texts.
    I was on my way to my brother’s once and got stuck on the motorway, I got the text up to my bro, siried “Stuck in a f&(*ing traffic jam!”… Siri entered for me… “And please drive safely”
    Cheeky bugger!

bencooper
    Free Member

I’m cynical that it’s actually voice recognition, though – I reckon there’s a cubicle farm in Outer Mongolia, full of people listening to the messages and typing replies…

CountZero

And why do we Brits get stuck with some snobby sounding posh bloke instead of a nice sultry female?
    And yes, I do know that you can set it to, say, Australia or Canada, but that’s not the point! (Grumbles under breath).

bencooper
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGxKhUuZ0Rc&sns=em [/video]

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘SIRI, still pointless..?’ is closed to new replies.