Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Sir Mohammed Farah
  • metalheart
    Free Member

FloJo never failed a drug test either. She also associated with some pretty dodgy characters. Of course, just like Mo, she was also clean…

There, there’s the evidence that was missing. I’m convinced now… 🙄

mikewsmith
    Free Member

BillMC – Member
    Giving a bit back? I’m sure I read somewhere that he’s a tax exile along with Sir Philip Green in Monaco.

Most athletes live somewhere that is a) Tax Efficient and b) suited to training. If you are out of the UK for over 6 months it’s not really an issue (such as competeing all over the world, training where it’s warm etc.) so it’s actually a good place to be. Most of the pro cyclists are split between Monaco and Andora for the same reasons.

flanagaj
    Free Member

I don’t quite understand all this knighthood b!llocks just because someone has done well at sport or anything else for that matter. Fair play to him and the other athletes, but the honours system is a load of archaic rubbish.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fair play to him and the other athletes, but the honours system is a load of archaic rubbish.

It’s a way that a community and nation an recognise what somebody has achieved. Mo has been the best in the world, best of everyone for the last 6 to 8 years. That is a hell of an achievement. From what people also say he’s a great bloke with time for people. Same as the other people being honoured that you don’t know who have given heaps of their time to make others lives better. It’s a thank you and well done.

surfer
    Free Member

Been away for a bit. Any evidence yet? …….

Didnt think so.

mooman
    Free Member

maccruiskeen – Member

I think people who pour their whole life into being the best at something are quite partial to their efforts being recognised.

Whole life? the guy is only 33 years old now … unless the drugs things comes out sooner, he prob be retired within the next 2-3 years.

The whole honours thing is nonsense.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

It’s a way that a community and nation an recognise what somebody has achieved.
    POSTED 7 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

But it’s NOT! Are the public asked to vote someone for a knighthood? Are fellow athletes involved in the process? Other than one person who nominates them, the system is decided by a government committee… a branch of an outdated system that the public have no say in. The committee pick people who suit the image of Great Britain typically portrayed by the BBC, and archaic really is the best word for it all.

To summarise, the honours system does NOT show appreciation from one’s nation or peers. It’s a PR exercise by the government.

thejesmonddingo

I’d rather Mo Farah got one,than any of David Cameron’s little circle of friends,but then I’m too late with that one,eh?

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Sir Mohammed Farah’ is closed to new replies.