Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • Sir Mohammed Farah
  • Edric64
    Free Member

Maybe David Walsh who wrote Seven Deadly Sins could poke around ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And it’s not just ‘because somebody is good at sport’ in this case it is ‘because the evidence adds up’. If he was Russian nobody would think twice but of course no British athlete would dope!

evidence is evidence, at the moment you have speculation and association. In these cases it’s up to WADA and UKAD to do their jobs unless STW have some new wee in shoes based test that they have been keeping secret?
    As for the Russians as evidence has come forward there has been action, fairly strong responses from the world to a major international cover up/abuse.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Yes you’re right.

However it grates on me the opinion of the British public blinded by ‘team gb’ and sports personality front pages etc etc.

If a Russian had committed the sins Mo and Armistead have done then they’d be thrown straight under the bus. If you’re interested have a Google and a quick dig around re. Salazar, TUE’S etc.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If a Russian had committed the sins Mo and Armistead have done then they’d be thrown straight under the bus. If you’re interested have a Google and a quick dig around re. Salazar, TUE’S etc.

I’m sure the people who need to be are, the reason the Russians were hung out was due to a massive state sponsored doping plan.

Junkyard
    Free Member

NO I would still remain rational.I would not be making knee jerk reactions and tainting folk without proof as I am not irrational and I dont want to publicly look like an idiot.

If a Russian had committed the sins Mo

What sins – you have no proof at all that he cheats not one shred.At best , circumstantial evidence [ pf unproved claims against his coach]and the ability to leap to conclusions the evidence does not support- as far as i am aware noone credible has evemclaimed Mo did cheat.
    There is nothing at all approaching evidence just some internet numbnuts claiming “racism” because they have got two and two and made 5 🙄
    There is nothing rational here for you to present hence emotive pish about racism.

FFS its not even like he is smashing world records apart he is just faster than the rest currently

billyboy
    Free Member

Professional brick-layer builds a good wall.

Professional racer wins race.

I’d give the knighthood to the bricky!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Exactly. Knighthood is genuinely meaningless. Mo doesn’t do his sport for our country. He does it because that’s what he does. He is british hence wearing our vest.

surfer
    Free Member

because the evidence adds up’.

What evidence?

Notter
    Free Member

glasgowdan – Member
    Exactly. Knighthood is genuinely meaningless. Mo doesn’t do his sport for our country. He does it because that’s what he does. He is british hence wearing our vest.

And while we’re at it take away Sir Steve Redgrave, Sir Chris Hoy and Sir Bradley Wiggins knighthoods too. They did it because that’s what they did. They are British hence they were wearing our colours….

Really??????

wrecker
    Free Member

Too bloody right Mo’s due an honour. Philip Green got one FFS.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Yes. No athlete gets into their sport as a youngster because they feel duty to their country. They do it because they like it, they’re good at it and they want to be the best.

Notter
    Free Member

As a youngster no, they don’t, I agree. But do you believe that any of those mentioned above continued in that “selfish” vein through their careers and that they’ve given nothing back?

wrecker
    Free Member

I’d say the majority of people who have received knighthoods have done so by pursuing their personal goals. Richard Branson? Sean Connery? Patrick Stewart? Nicolas Winton? How many do we believe really carried out their careers for the good of Britain? Why should sportspersons be any different?

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Funny isn’t it. The amount of evidence that dullards on the Internet can find just by reading the paper. All those investigators and drug testers/labs spend millions on things like bio passports, OOC testing, legal investigations, procedural structures and come up with nothing.

Should just replace the entire shooting match with a couple of keyboards warriors and be done with it. Doping would be wiped or within months.

tjagain

Thing with doping is that the evidence we see is not enough ( usually quite rightly) to convict.

After all many folk even on here continued to believe in Armstrong even after it was clear to us sceptics he was doping. took years after that to actually convict him – at least a decade after it was obvious.

epicyclo

ghostlymachine – Member
    ….Doping would be wiped or within months.

…by dopes? 🙂

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

If it was “evidence” it could be used to ban.

It isn’t. It’s just a load of coincidences, innuendo and a bit of smoke.

So those athletes are targeted. Unless they’ve got serious political clout and a few officials in their pocket, they’ll eventually get caught. If they’ve been sufficiently naughty.

Both Armitstead and Farah will almost certainly be on lists of targeted athletes, both because they are the best and because they have question marks over their performances. Rightly or wrongly.

theotherjonv

Yes, it took an age to catch armstrong, but they did in the end. If people are cheating they will be caught eventually, with the ability to backdate tests as new techniques are found. You can always argue that the dopers are a step ahead, but ultimately the testers catch up. Yes, it might spoil the occasion when medals and records are rewritten but that’s where I think we are closer to resolving the issues than we’ve ever been because cheats will now in the end pay the price.

In the meantime – you can either take it all at face value and enjoy the spectacle, waiting (and hoping not) that the truth will out. Or you can be dismissive of it all, and maybe one day be right, but maybe miss the fun as a result because you spent the whole time pointing instead.

Your call, I can’t say which is ‘right’ but I know what i enjoy.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I tend to agree but the problem is we have reached a point where folk go – look they win and then they conclude they cheat and the evidence is they win. Gamblers fallacy basically.

No athlete gets into their sport as a youngster because they feel duty to their country. They do it because they like it, they’re good at it and they want to be the best.

No one does anything to earn a gong – beyond perhaps be a politically lacky/donate to the party in power so WTF is your point?

Its about who deserves it not whether they tries to get it

Secondly Mo could compete for at least two nations and he chose us as he considers its home – you really think it means nothing to him or the athletes their to represent the country?
    Three no one has to represent the country – its not the law so at some level you have to accept they want to what with it being a free choice and all that

theotherjonv

just rerunning the race and an interview on the BBC now. That proper hurts, but the faces of the guys behind says it hurts them even more!

nickc

He’s said in countless interviews that running and winning for Britain makes him proud. Seems like a genuine grafter TBH.

I think there are worse candidates for a knighthood, and I think he deserves it

gobuchul
    Free Member

FWIW I think that the Knighthoods getting handed out for relatively young sportsman has got out of hand.

They aren’t doing it “for the Country”, they’re doing it because they love it.

Some will make a lot of money as well.

Although I still think they are a lot more deserving than the majority of the lackeys and time served civil servants who get them every year.

Secondly Mo could compete for at least two nations and he chose us as he considers its home – you really think it means nothing to him or the athletes their to represent the country?

Yeah it must of been a really hard choice, Team Somalia or Team GB, with funding that equates to roughly 10% of Somalia’s GDP.

Not denying that he considers the UK his home, why wouldn’t he?

Northwind

Honours system is all bollocks but that aside, he seems an obvious candidate. Also one for Loddrik for his impressive turn of speed in the non-olympic sport of thread-trashing.

BTW,

cheekyboy – Member

I thought he was a Somali immigrant who just happened to be of the Muslim faith, obtuse use of the islamic word (imo)

Does anyone know what this means?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Not denying that he considers the UK his home, why wouldn’t he?

Doesn’t he spend much of his time in Portland, Oregon trying to avoid tax payments dedicate more time to training? 😈

Houns

Mohamed

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Notter – Member
    As a youngster no, they don’t, I agree. But do you believe that any of those mentioned above continued in that “selfish” vein through their careers and that they’ve given nothing back?

POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

You’re just making things up now.

My point is that knighthood means nothing. In his shoes I wouldn’t consider it an achievement to have the BBC call me ‘sir’. It’s bollox. Mo is at the top of my list of inspirational humans and I plan to have a framed picture of him in the hallway of my new house along with Roger Bannister and Haille Gebresellasie.

metalheart
    Free Member

Yes the ‘evidence’ against Mo Farrah is somewhat circumstantial.

His coach Salazar has ties to known dopers Ruff and Mary Dekker (who tested for T whilst she was being coached by him, although he now denies it) and is alledged to be TUE application happy.

His ‘relationship’ to Jama Aden (who was arrested recently on charges distributing doping products) also is somewhat muddied (just holding the stopwatch and shouting lap times, honest guv!).

He trains in Kenya (which iirc has had wada accreditation removed from its ADA) with training partners who are, well, suspect (aren’t some of them now banned?).

And he missed two dope tests (one of which was because he didn’t ‘hear the doorbell’…).

And yet this is not smoke? Doesn’t make him guilty (obviously).

Finally, the last thing I’ll say to the people who don’t believe in cycl running, the cynics and the sceptics: I’m sorry for you. I’m sorry that you can’t dream big. I’m sorry you don’t believe in miracles.

tjagain

Also metalheart his performance increase in a very short span of time – thats what makes someone I know who is a serious runner convinced.

Junkyard
    Free Member

there is no greater authority than being a friend of TJ so yes he is a cheat
    Court is adjourned- teach you to ignore me 👿

tjagain

Eh?

Notter
    Free Member

Not entirely sure what you’re suggesting I’ve made up in my posts?
    But fair enough, if you don’t think any sportsman deserves honours or the honours system generally is flawed then that’s cool.

My only point with reference to the other Sirs is that they have not just inspired with their performances but that they have helped the next generations develop, that’s the giving back to their sport bit, and by extension to the country. All imo clearly.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Finally, the last thing I’ll say to the people who don’t believe in cycl running, the cynics and the sceptics: I’m sorry for you. I’m sorry that you can’t dream big. I’m sorry you don’t believe in miracles.

No need to feel sorry. Perfectly easy to accept/believe that no top sport is clean. It’s still enjoyable to watch and you can still dream in a different way. Plus the added bonus on no disappointment when miracles dissolve into mirages.

History suggests that that is a more sensible position than the let’s believe in miracles version. Sad but true.

metalheart
    Free Member

@thm: you do know that quote?, it’s Lance Armstrongs victory speech from his final win, but you knew that didn’t you? 😆

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Oops – that’s embarrassing 😉

Good point !!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

i did not get it either
    well played trick.

metalheart
    Free Member

Well, it wasn’t meant as a trick. I even scored through the cycl bit to give the obvious hint.

Sorry thm, I did leave it for 15 mins so you couldn’t edit it. Guilty on that! :mrgreen:

But apart from that, I’m ****-ing offended you pair took me for a Kool-Aid drinking fan boy 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

😀

loddrik
    Free Member

FloJo never failed a drug test either. She also associated with some pretty dodgy characters. Of course, just like Mo, she was also clean…

BillMC

Giving a bit back? I’m sure I read somewhere that he’s a tax exile along with Sir Philip Green in Monaco.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Who loddrick? does trolling pay that well that it warrants such extremes?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Sir Mohammed Farah’ is closed to new replies.