Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Singular Swift rear tires?
  • WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

What are people running on the back of their Swifts?

According to Singular the max width the rear can take is 2.3″.

On the front I’m planning to run a WTB Weirwolf 2.55 LT and want something similar that’ll fit on tha back.

Insights, advice, pithy comments etc. welcome…

jfeb
    Free Member

Sam recommends Specialized Captains FWIW.

I don’t have a Swift but have a similar constraint on my Scandal 29er and have just fitted a Maxxis Ardent 2.25″. I would have fitted a Racing Ralph 2.25″ as I really rate them in 2.4″ but fancied trying something different. I haven’t had a chance to use the Ardent properly in anger yet but on local dry trails it has been fine so far. Not noticably draggy and plenty grippy.

rootes1

i’m just in the process fo buidling up a swift

only waiting for the tyres to turn up now.

Jow though a weirwolf would b a bit tight on the back..

i’m going for 2x Geax SAGUARO on my Swift

Si

singlespeedstu

The 2.55 WW comes up more like a 2.3.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

That’s the thing.

The knobs on these tires aren’t taken into account when they’re measured. Read somewhere that the Weirwolf is the same size as a 2.3″ tire including burly knobbage [so to speak!]

Oh the embuggerance.

Thanks for the info tho…

🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

The 2.55 WW comes up more like a 2.3

agreed. The 2.55 WW has exactly the same bead to bead measurement when off the rim as the 2.3 ExiWolf.

This my WW on a gordo. Still one of the biggest tyres Ive ever seen though 🙂

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Fingers crossed the 2.55 WW will fit…

Stoner
    Free Member

I have ignitors in the back of my Ti29. Great grip (but it disappears quickly when the edges of the nobbles wear) and a civilized width.

AdamM
    Free Member

Anything will come up big on a Gordo rim!

clump
    Free Member

Running a Panaracer Rampage 2.35 on mine, still plenty of clearance. Nice chunky tyre but a bit weighty. Bonty Mud tyre is better at the moment for grip in the clart.

Sam

I’ve had weirwolves on the back when mounted on a fairly narrow rim, very very tight though.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up Sam!

Ok, so what I’m after now for the back is a 2.3″ tyre for hardpack…

Sam

Racing Ralph 2.25 is a really nice fast tyre on hardpack. Also I like the Hutchinson Python on the rear for hardpack, though they are only 2.0.

sadexpunk

this is how badly i want one. i open a thread on singular swift tyres, hoping someone on there states that they used to use x tyres, but they didnt get on with the bike, so now theyre selling it :-/

sad sad sad 🙁

thomthumb
    Free Member

maxxis crossmark? 2.25

Sam

Sadex, drop me a line, I have a number of lightly used tyres around and I really need a clear-out… Crossmarks would also be a really good choice.

jfeb
    Free Member

You’re not doing a similar clear-out of lightly used frames, are you Sam? 😉

basonjillett
    Free Member

Sam set me up on wierwolf front and a small block 8 rear for dry dusty bristol after throwing my bontrager jones’s in the bin !!!
    They were really a good fast combo.
    I also used a crossmark on the rear wich was good as long as it stayed dry or sticky.
    You cant go wrong with the captain on the back
    I stuck on a pair of Nevegals at Mayhem and used them until the winter proper when they were worn out.
    Now on bontrager mud x for the winter narrow but superb.

FivebarG
    Free Member

Bonty Mud X 2.0’s in the winter and Panaracer Rampage 2.35’s in the summer.

As long as it is dry, the 2.35’s work very well. If the mud is anything other than ‘liquid slop’ then the clearance between tyre and frame becomes an issue. I.E. rubs the paint off the frame……… :0(

sadexpunk

ygm sam

basonjillett
    Free Member

G i thought you were so far up in the clouds mud wouldn’t be a problem 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Singular Swift rear tires?’ is closed to new replies.