• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Sam.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Singular swift cable routing for front and rear mechs ..advice needed please
  • kaiser
    Free Member

I acquired a swift frame a couple of years ago ( believe it’s the mk11 version ) and have only just got round to start a build . basically i wish to run a full triple setup and was looking at the gear cable routing options for front and back mechs . Underneath the down tube there are cable guides but really only designed for one cable …why ? I can obviously use zip ties to sort but my main concern is with the front mech cable stop sitting under the ebb shell . It’s too far back and so the inner will cut into the shell over time as it glides back and forth whilst shifting . It was obviously badly positioned and I just wondered what solutions you guys have come up with to avoid damage etc . I thought about perhaps butchering a plastic cable guide that you often find under the bb of road bikes and sticking it to the frame . Any other suggestions or gadgets that might help?
    thanks in advance
    Bill

monkeyboyjc

Do you mean this kinda thing?

Didn’t have any issues running front mech on my humming bird – 8 can why you may think the cable stop is to close though.

rOcKeTdOg

Piggy back the cable with the other under the the down tube. Cable didn’t touch the BB shell on mine but use some invisi tape or similar if you are worried

Shackleton

I had to do exactly what you suggest with mine, I just used a spare bit of outer after the bb stop and piggy backed the rear cable. Has been fine for 3 years now. But I agree, a bit of a design flaw certainly.

Sam

Yes, what you suggest is the usual way to go. If the stop were further back it would just fill up with mud in no time. The best solution is a fully sheathed cable like a Gore RideOn. The new ones with modular cable guides and direct mount fd adapter work much better.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Singular swift cable routing for front and rear mechs ..advice needed please’ is closed to new replies.