Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Singular Peregrine – Anyone got one?
  • allybee
    Free Member

I quite fancy getting one on the Bike to Work scheme (although they seem to be sold out until April) Anyone on here got one and can tell me what they’re like?

Fanx.

epicyclo

Got one. Nice bike. My road bike comparison is my Pompino and Flying Scot.

Even better it handles nicely offroad. I’d like it to be a wee bit lighter, but that’s the only thing I can think off and it is not major for the sort of bike it is (ie not noticeable in use).

allankelly

I have a Singular Swift geared. I LOVE it. I’m not a large lad, 5’8 on a good day with a full moon. I’ve commuted the swift 11 miles each way on really bad rural roads and off-road (home) for the last 3 months. What a bike.

The reason I bought it, I got a shot of a pre-prod Peregrine owned by Kenny Drumlanrig which was just gorgeous. My MTB pals got on it and went all emotional. Then I saw the white tourer build, and I put the children on ebay. Sadly, nobody wanted them because credit-crunch stockbrokers are selling their children for anything they can get.

Nice nice nice. Can you get it via B4W? I didn’t know.

evil al.

Andy

Waves at Al!

Sam

I’ve got a couple 😉 Whereabouts are you based? I could potentially try to put you in touch with someone nearby who has one if you like.

It’s only the largest size (59cm ett) which is out of stock at the moment. We can do cyclescheme through one of the dealers, I still need to do all the paperwork…

Cheers,

Sam

allybee
    Free Member

Hi Andy…

Sam thanks for the reply, I live in Essex, but looking at your geometry page it looks like the 59cm ett would be the one I would need (i’m 6′ 2″)? Anyway no rush as I can wait until April.

tootallpaul

Hi all..

I’m also tempted by the peregrine, but would want to run flat bars- anyone tried that?

Any reason why not?

Also- What sort of rear rack will fit? I have a tubus cosmo, and wondered if that would be ok?

Cheers

P

Sam

Paul,

Yes, nothing to stop you using flat bars – I did a build like that for someone who wanted to use an Alfine hub. The only real reason not to would be that the overall reach might be too short and the hand position too high as the geometry of the frame is designed with drop bar use in mind.

Any standard rack will fit, though many will sit higher than usual due to the position of the rack mounts to clear the disc caliper. I’ve just had some very nice racks come in from Velo Orange which sit a bit lower and are really nicely finished. I’m intending to revise the rack mount location slightly for the next production run to help alleviate this problem.

Unfortunately replacement stock of large Peregrines may be a little longer than April….

Sam

Paul,

Yes, nothing to stop you using flat bars – I did a build like that for someone who wanted to use an Alfine hub. The only real reason not to would be that the overall reach might be too short and the hand position too high as the geometry of the frame is designed with drop bar use in mind.

Any standard rack will fit, though many will sit higher than usual due to the position of the rack mounts to clear the disc caliper. I’ve just had some very nice racks come in from Velo Orange which sit a bit lower and are really nicely finished. I’m intending to revise the rack mount location slightly for the next production run to help alleviate this problem.

Unfortunately replacement stock of large Peregrines may be a little longer than April….

tootallpaul

I don’t suppose there is any chance of a gryphon with rack mounts is there?

:o)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Singular Peregrine – Anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.