• This topic has 24 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by igm.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Singular Pegasus owners…
  • igm

…did Sam send you a tub of oil with the frame and what did you think it was / use it for?

Tried posting last night and noone had any good ideas. I'm not normally this worried about such minor things, but I have a feeling of impending school boy error.

Frame looks lovely by the way – looking forward to building it up.

phildowling
    Free Member

Singular Cycles Ltd | Telephone: +44 (0)7747 623 595 | Email: sam@singularcycles.com

Perhaps he might be the best man to ask? May answer on the weekend, perhaps a quick text or email. Sure he's got a funky phone to pick them up quick 🙂

Mighty friendly chap as well

rOcKeTdOg

Sam emailed me this morning so he's about

yesiamtom
    Free Member

frame saver?

Sam

No, it's 'polishing oil' for cleaning the frame. Brings em up a treat and means the bronze logo doesn't tarnish.

igm

Thanks Sam – makes sense

igm

Just used that oil.

Brings em up a treat and means the bronze logo doesn't tarnish

Well I can't speak for the not tarnishing yet, but the "brings it up a treat" bit – not half.

It's almost a sin to ride something that pretty – definitely a sin not to.

And I recommend silver Hope kit to go with that frame – it tones simply and beautifully.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Going for any accented components?

igm

Mainly silver. Black carbon bars, black grips, rims and of course tyres but otherwise silver. Just keeping it very simple.

bigsi
    Free Member

God i wish i could afford to build one of these. All my dilemas would be over in one fell swoop 🙄

pedalhead
    Free Member

Ooh I didn't get any finishing oil with mine…Sam, ygm 🙂

pedalhead
    Free Member

middleburn/royce goes nicely I reckon 8)

igm

bigsi – Member
    God i wish i could afford to build one of these. All my dilemas would be over in one fell swoop

Nope – as Sam knows from multiple phone calls, texts and emails, it merely opens a whole new arena of dilemmas.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Poor Sam, I thought I was the only one flooding him with emails about this & that component choice 🙂

fontmoss
    Free Member

this thread is useless without pics

igm

pedalhead – the guy is clearly a saint if you've been contacting him anything like as much as I have.

PS – I'm thinking XT, silver Hope, silver Thompson and ZTR arch – think of it as understated bling.

fontmoss – Member
    this thread is useless without pics

Or addresses for the thieving fraternity

fontmoss
    Free Member

Or addresses for the thieving fraternity

what?

pedalhead
    Free Member

I was all set to go with silver seatpost/stem but I think I'm gonna stick with black. Going with black Arch rims with silver spokes, silver rear CK hub, front hub will be a Project321 Lefty custom silver (to match CK) with Phil Wood bearings, to go with the Lefty Carbon SL Ultra. Having trouble getting an Ultra out of Cannondale at the moment, so not holding my breath.

As far as pics are concerned, this is about it for now…

Incidentally, medium frame including seatpost clamp is 3.57 lbs 🙂

igm

Not personal Fontmoss – I just sometimes think the way we post bikes, specs and pictures on here would be of great interest to anyone interested in nicking bikes.

fontmoss
    Free Member

Not personal Fontmoss

glad to hear it, hard not to take it personally it has to be said

looks stunning pedalhead

your postcode is GD6 89U right? 😉

igm

A poor choice of words on my part.

igm

Pedalhead – it looks like you opted for the possibility of gears – how much room for a seatpost do you have above the rivet for the cable stop that goes down to the front mech?

pedalhead
    Free Member

hmm haven't checked that, will do later on & let you know.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Just checked, cable stop is brazed on so no worries there. Seat post only stops when it meets the bottle cage bolt, but by that point it's pretty well slammed so no problems.

igm

Odd – mine's riveted

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Singular Pegasus owners…’ is closed to new replies.