Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • singular swift owners, some stats please
  • rOcKeTdOg

how tall are you?
    what size swift do you own?
    what size 26″ bike would you ride?

cheers in advance

firestarter
    Free Member

im five ten and ride a med five spot, small 456 i had but now have sold ;-( a medium (the smallest) swift.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I am 5’10, medium everything ive ever rode, and theyve all felt right (apart from Cotic suggesting the long BFe which was just to big, if id got the small i’d probably still have it), and i rode the medium Swift.

ilikebikes
    Free Member

I am 5’11” and I have a medium swift, and have ridden medium Soul before that. And I will just say, the swift is outstanding!

rOcKeTdOg

i’m 6ft 2 and Sam recommended the large, but i usually ride 18″ to 19″ frames in 26″ and the only 29er i’ve tried was a 17.5″ and it felt like i was sitting ‘on’ it rather than ‘in’ it if you know what i mean, so i’m hesitant about a large 19.5″ swift

firestarter
    Free Member

i ride a 17.5 rig too if thats any help. 56cm crosscheck and 56cm sabbath september, also rode a normal inbred 18″

singlespeedstu

There’s plenty of them about for you to try before you buy.

rOcKeTdOg

no Mick it doesn’t help. it makes it worse! 😀

firestarter
    Free Member

lol 😉

lock
    Free Member

im 5ft 10,ride a med in all my bikes,the stem length is important and depends what bars you goner use,the bike is more forgiving than a steel 26inch wheeled bike i think,i done the 1st lap at MM with high psi (40),and slipped out a bit but 2nd lap dropped to just under 35 psi and cleaned everthing no props,i would like to try it with some rebas and flat bars but i do enjoy the rigid forks and drop bars

rOcKeTdOg

so, no one rides a large then? and no one is taller than 5ft11? i thought 29ers were better suited to tall people?

Sam

You should have just come by the tent on the weekend and you could have tried both! Anyhow, at 6’2.5″ (although with a relatively long torso) I ride either a large or XL Swift, I’ve mostly been riding an XL for XC purposes lately… I couldn’t possibly imagine being comfortable for XC riding on a medium. The other thing to keep in mind is that the Swift has a relatively slack seat angle. So if your seat is in the same position relative to the BB this makes for an effectively shorter top tube length than something with a steeper seat angle.

Sam

sorry – double post…

rOcKeTdOg

i’d have come by the tent, but didn’t know it was there, or did i miss it in the main arena?, interestging info on the seat angle though, maybe the 29er i tried was steeper and that’s why it felt odd?

clump
    Free Member

Just shy of 6ft. Ride a large, in line post, 81cm bb to top of saddle. Fits absolutely fine.

Ride a Large Niner.
    19″ Moots
    Large Heckler
    58cm roadbike
    19″ Pace

Definately the go for bike in the garage at the moment.

Sam

No, we weren’t in the main arena and I guess weren’t exactly in an obvious location despite the branded red ez up being fairly visible. Will be at ST Weekender, 10 at Kirroughtree, and 24/12 in coming weeks if that’s any help. Still pretty confident a large will be fine.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

I’m 6.2″ 35″ inseam and have been riding a large Swift

jfeb
    Free Member

I am 6’3″ (long body/arms), ride a 20″ Scandal 29er, a 17.5″ Blur 4X (toy bike) and test rode a Large Swift with Sam and it was spot on for size.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

r0Ketd0g, I’m 6’1″ tall and ride a large Swift. I think it fits me perfectly.

Don’t ride 26″ wheeled bikes anymore apart from my Thorn Sherpa tourer as I just find most 26″ MTBs feel too cramped and I end up feeling perched on top of them.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘singular swift owners, some stats please’ is closed to new replies.