Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • SingletrackParentWorld – Baby gear..
  • shuhockey
    Free Member

About to put our pram system up for sale. If your anywhere near Sheffield. It’s a Jane slalom pro. Includes car seat, carry cot ( which we used for them to sleep in from birth instead of a Moses basket. And then has a seat for up to 4yrs old. Also is disc braked!

akira

IKEA high chair, cheap, easy to clean and better than various fancy ones that are much more expensive.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Thanks shuhockey, but we’re in Norwich so quite a distance.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Mrs Squirrelking (can’t see an edit function). On the Lanolin cream – use as much as you need, sparingly or massive amounts. It does stain cos it is oily but a few stains is preferable to having a nipple sticking to the inside of your bra!

Babies poo, a lot. Breastfed baby poo is not as solid as formula fed baby. If your baby looks like it is about to sneeze mid nappy change cover their bum!!! Let the mother wear your tshirts, it is a source of amusement (for me) that any time I got poo on me I was usually wearing one of his tshirts, at least in the early days til I could fit back in my own clothes.

Get a decent sized changing bag with seperate areas. Do not pay over £30 for this. We have a wallaboo bag, it is suede so needs waterproofing (quick spray with aerosol waterproofy stuff) but is much easier than the previous bag where everything was just in one big mess all the time.

Yes, I will admit to being…hormonally irrational…*mutters* basketcase, like to see how many of you would be well-balanced trying to contend with sleep deprivation and an over abundance of oestrogen for a year! Point to note – keep her away from Google. Dr Google helps nobody and only serves to turn struggling mothers into stressed and panicky nervous-wrecks.

On the dry-pailing point. If you are using cloth nappies the most I used in one day (as in a morning to some time in the evening) was 25!!!! Buy a tumble dryer. F*** the planet, get a decent electricity rate and just get stuff dry! Hanging it up is fine when they are wee and don’t move…having a small child “helping” triples the time it takes to hang stuff up then they just pull it all back off the rails! Washing just becomes an infinite task, I have forgotten what an empty washing bin looks like!

Good luck when they arrive, they do eventually do more than just eat, sleep, cry and poo 🙂

chr15
    Free Member

@Squirrelking, re:vtech Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!! c#nting vtech really can’t be killed enough… Do you want to play puppy says?

op – good advice above, +1 for 2nd hand stuff & the better quality carriers, a ring sling can be handy.

bruk

If you are spending a good bit of time in charge of baby then get your own baby change bag. Keep it stocked with what you need/use and then you won’t be rummaging around deep in random stuff that women like to keep in bags.

I got given Timbuk2 bag which is great. Excellent change mat and not obviously a baby bag so once finished using it for sprog number 2 it will still be useful. Bloody expensive though by the look of it.

Linky

konabunny
    Free Member

Yak – don’t get the local mothers started on the ergonomics of what Baby Bijorns do to babies hips.

you have to distinguish between the new ones and the old ones.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘SingletrackParentWorld – Baby gear..’ is closed to new replies.