Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Singlespeed commuter – flat or drops more efficient?
  • brooess
    Free Member

My Roadrat’s a great bike but has flat bars which makes it hard to really get over the bottom bracket for hills and acceleration. (my commute starts at the bottom of a pretty steep hill so this is quite important!)

So I’m thinking about swapping the bits to a s/s frame with drops.

Has anyone gone from s/s flat bar to s/s drops and felt like it actually made any difference?

monksie
    Free Member

What are s/s flat bars and what are s/s drops?
    What are you getting over the bottom bracket exactly?
    Can’t you just stick your head further forward to get ‘it’ more over the bottom bracket?
    Do you find that you over think lots of things in your life?
    You’re funny.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Bullhorns?

brooess
    Free Member

Do you find that you over think lots of things in your life?

Yes.

You’re funny

At last, my comedy genius has been recognised 🙂

Anything helpful to say?

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Why don’t you put drops on your road rat and see if you like it?

gaffney
    Free Member

Drops or bullhorns are going make climbing easier. Try it out!

Also, pedal harder 🙂

vala
    Free Member

Is yours the short or long Roadrat, as I believe the short was designed with drops in mind whereas the long was designed with flats?
    Also another area you may need to look into when swapping over would be replacing the stem.

soobalias
    Free Member

on all my bikes, its the bars that do or do not have drops, rather than the frame

swap the bars on the roadrat, rather than swapping all the components from the roadrat to a SS frame with drops, no?

EDIT: if its the short/long frame as mentioned above, dont be scared to put drops on the long frame, if you feel it needs to be longer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Singlespeed commuter – flat or drops more efficient?’ is closed to new replies.