Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • single track in Northampton
  • Tony.w
    Free Member

About to do a few weeks in Northampton (work) any good off road rides I should no about 🙂 or any other suggestions

Tony.

shireswhitmore@btinternet.com

slackman99
    Free Member

There's a bit in Harlestone Firs on the north side (up near Duston) and a little bit out near Delapre golf course.

There's Tredz which is the local club. Ride Sunday morning and Wednesday evenings (I can never get up in time on a Sunday morning) who always do a good route and seem to have scouts out all week finding new bits of singletrack.

guido

Can only think of Harleston Firs- also known as Holsten Firs. Could also try Slacey Forest.

halfbee
    Free Member

Nowt in Salcey forest that I know of but the Firs will do you an hour of singletrack with local knowledge, but it's so small you can explore with little chance of getting lost.

Kuco

Just dodge the dog shit

Tony.w
    Free Member

So just google Harleston Firs and give it go thanks guys i will take a look perhaps Tues or Weds eve problem being night of course still i have a triple shot so should be ok.
    Tony

Kuco

Just steer clear of Kingsheath.

guido

Very clear of Kingsheath

halfbee
    Free Member

I rode through there once – I enjoyed slaloming through the burnt out cars…

ronjeremy
    Free Member

hello from Treads, we're a local club in Northampton give us a shout when you're in the area and we'll take you around a few local loops, we also do road rides too, as well as having a good working knowledge of the best local tea shops for much needed post ride cake

steve_b77
    Free Member

Tredz are good, they sorted me out for the few months I was down there working, nice bunch of guys too

rig
    Free Member

Being a XCer who lives in S. Northants, I find the only decent singletrack around here is Woburn Trails – see http://www.woburntrails.co.uk/ Well worth driving a junction down the M1 for!

Northants has that wonderful combination of heavy clay & lots of horses – this means that in winter, you'll go about 4 feet on any bridleway before you have to shoulder your bike and slip & slide back to the tarmac as best you can 🙁

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

hello. myself and 5 others meet every wednesday at around 7ish just outside harlstone firs next to wyvale garden centre. your more than welcome to join. drop us a email if you would like to meet. crapbmxer@hotmail.co.uk

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘single track in Northampton’ is closed to new replies.