Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Single track in Fife Scotland
  • tartantrousers
    Free Member

I am planning a ride sometiem over the next week and was wondering if anyone new of anywhere in Fife that provided good single track stuff-that would be suitable to do even when absolutely drenched in water (has to be fife as im meeting my brother ‘half way’ between our 2 homes….)

theblackmount
    Free Member

*tumbleweed*

On a serious note, not a Fifer but after the recent weather I cant imagine anywhere that will fit your specific criteria 😉

‘cept perhaps the Fife coastal path – must be many sections of that over sandy soil?

Phil_H

The stuff by me (North East Fife) is sodden.
    Bits of Pitmedden were OK yesterday but most of it was sodden.

househusband

Phil_H; I’m moving to the Cupar area in a week – what’s (normally!) good in the Eastern territories of Fife..? I know Pitmedden but wondering what else there is!

andrewh
    Free Member

Tentsmuir drains well. You got a cross bike? It’s OK on an MTB but nothing techy.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Everywhere will be wet. If you do go out try the Lomond Hills (google a route and one by I think Stuartie_C off here comes up that’s good, but will be wet).

Kemback Woods out between Cupar and St Andrews is good but a bit of a rabbit warren for finding the good stuff without a guide and/or 6 months.

Blairadam will be very moist- avoid it. It won’t be fun and I believe everyone on here cries when it gets ridden in the rain.

Tentsmuir forest by Leuchars may be your best bet as it’s all sand and drains well- just follow your nose, it’s all flat but BMXish and fun enough.

organic355
    Free Member

Middleden (Kirkaldy)??

Not sure if its soggy though

http://www.middledenmtb.co.uk/?page_id=834

Phil_H

Househusband, Kemback is the closest with the most. It’s a warren of trails and quite damp. But someone has been building unsubtle DH runs with big jumps and pi$$ing off the land owner 😕
    Lucklaw hill at Balmullo is ok as a loop.
    Tentsmuir is flat & sandy.
    Craig green wood outside Cupar might be worth an explore (on the pitscottie road next to the camper van place)
    There are quite a lot of marked rights of way that can be put together but they tend to get quite overgrown in the summer.
    The coastal path from St Andrews to Kingsbarns isn’t my favorite, some good bits but a lot of carrying.
    There’s also a few good short singletrack sections to the south of St Andrews that can be looped together.
    If you want I could show you round? (email in profile, remove spaces)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Single track in Fife Scotland’ is closed to new replies.