Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Dibbs (Dave Dibble) – Help raise some money is his memory.
  • dibbs88
    Free Member

For as long as I can remember, my dad would spend hours browsing the singletrack forum, replying to your queries and comments or posting his own questions about bike related topics. On the 9th of January Dibbs passed away from a heart attack whilst at work. I have recently sorted through a few of his personal items and found that his singletrack love extended to more than just the forum and we have an entire collection of the magazines, from the very first issue until the first issue of this year. As a family we have realised that we cannot keep everything forever and would like to offer this collection out to you. If anyone is interested then please contact me, a small donation to the british heart foundation would be greatly welcomed.

Kate Dibble

*Just given page https://www.justgiving.com/Davedibbs* – Mod

Drac

Kate, a very lovely offer I don’t need the mags but if you set up a Justgiving page for Dibbs memory I’d donate and sure many others will. My thoughts with you and your family on what will be a difficult few weeks.

scaredypants

Yeah, what drac said

I don’t want the mags (give them to your local dentists/GPs surgeries?) but would donate in his name – he seemed a really good bloke though I never met him beyond here. I hope you enjoy some happy memories this Christmas

dibbs88
    Free Member

Thanks mate! I’ve tried to set up a just giving page and really appreciate your comment. We will be organising a charity ride where the proceeds will be donated to the british heart foundation for the middle of the coming year. I will be sure to put a comment up as soon as we have some details on this for the local crew to get involved.

https://www.justgiving.com/Davedibbs

avdave2

As above, I enjoyed your father’s contributions, he always came across as a thoroughly decent human being. I think you’ll find a lot of people on here felt the same and would happily make a donation in his memory.

Edit: Donation made

Drac

Donated and stickied.

singlespeedstu

Hi Kate.
    You don’t know me but I had the pleasure of meeting your dad when he kindly showed me and Mrs stu round some of his favourite trails on the Quantocs.
    One of the nicest guys you could wish to meet a pretty hand on a bike too. 🙂
    Made a donation hope it helps.
    Please keep us all informed about the ride I’m sure a fair few would try and turn up for it.

dibbs88
    Free Member

Thank you all so much! I have just been talking to my mum and we are not sure if the singletrack world may have just thought that Dave had vanished on them! I can assure you all that singletrack was the one page constantly open on his browser. He always made a point of telling me not to close it down!!!

Drac

One of his fellow riders informed the forum community Kate, thread below for you to read it may be difficult to read but I’m sure also heart warming.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rider-down-?view=all

Houns

I’ll bung a few quid towards after Christmas

theotherjonv

sent some over….. thinking of you this Christmas

Drac

You see this is why this place is still great.

aide

hi Kate,
    I didnt know or speak to dibbs in real life or on the forum, however i can understand why he liked this forum. i am sorry to hear about your loss and have chucked a few quid your way. hope you get a good amount in his memory, worthy cause,
    adrian

crispybacon
    Free Member

Hi Kate

I had the pleasure of riding with your late Father on both the Quantocks & Exmoor. I was always in awe of his stats on Strava in particular the 500,000 ft of climbing he achieved in 2015. This year in your Fathers honour I set a goal of 500,000ft of climbing which I’m pleased to confirm I achieved at the begining of November.

I am also a BHF supporter & I have glady donated.

ART

Hi Kate,

We never met your Dad but loved his contributions on here & as regular Quantocks riders appreciated & related to his comments about his favourite hills. He is missed. Donation sent, warm wishes to you & family.

jamj1974

Another person who never met Dibbs, but his presence here was always positive and helpful. Definitely missed as one of the good ‘uns.

Sending you my thoughts to your family this Christmas time. Another supporter of BHF and I have chipped in a little too.

J

senorj

Hello Kate.
    I used some of your dad’s route advice when I visited the quantocks some years ago.
    Top chap.ecxellent advice .
    Sorry you’ll be missing him.

tjagain

I met Dibbs when he showed me around his Quantocks 😯

Donated

funkrodent

Donated in memory of a great guy and a great rider!

bigyim
    Free Member

Donated. It’s not much as I’m skint but hope it helps. I never met dibbs but he sounds like a legend

SaxonRider

I just created a thread about how I spent my Christmas money, and now I will have to wait to donate to the above justgiving page. But rest assured I will.

What a wonderful way to commemorate your dad at what I know from experience to be a tough time.

Best wishes to you, Kate, and your whole family.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Dibbs (Dave Dibble) – Help raise some money is his memory.’ is closed to new replies.