Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Single ring setup on XT crank help
  • matlockmeat
    Free Member

Currently running a single ring on an xt double.

I need some new cranks (shorter).

Do I buy another double or go with a triple? Thinking a triple might give me a slightly better chain like if I run the ring on the middle ring position?

takisawa2

You could just keep the double & move a bottom bracket spacer across to the drive side to get the alignment.

passtherizla
    Free Member

yes. get the triple.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Triple with ring in the middle ring pos. job jobbed.

matther01
    Free Member

If you have to buy a new set of cranks then triple would be better. How much shorter do your cranks need to be? Thinner pedals could be a different option? Superstar deltas are 14mm as opposed to say an old v12 at 25mm?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Do single cranksets have the same chainline as a outer ring of a double?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Ah but running on the middle section of a triple will look shite. the ring should blend in seamlessly not look a bodge. Buy a single chainset.

matlockmeat
    Free Member

Thanks. I already have thin pedals and i’m thinking of going from 175 to 165 cranks.

Never had a single ring specific crank, whats out there, I’m guessing Zee and Saint? But owt else.

breadcrumb

If you have to buy a new set of cranks then triple would be better. How much shorter do your cranks need to be? Thinner pedals could be a different option? Superstar deltas are 14mm as opposed to say an old v12 at 25mm?

Thinner pedals would make no difference, just a lower saddle height.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Single ring setup on XT crank help’ is closed to new replies.