Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Single pivot FS frames – what manufacturers are there…
  • househusband

Am just pondering… possibly future 5″ FS frame purchase… there’s Orange (5), Morewood (Shova) and Santa Cruz (Heckler).

Can anyone think of any others?

Ta.

jam-bo

commencals are single pivot.

daveh
    Free Member

Cannondale or do they only do complete bikes?

Filthy
    Free Member

Nicolai, Corsair

GW
    Free Member

old Marins? 😆

tip – stop cleaning your multi pivot frame to within an inch of it’s life after each ride and you’ll get much longer bearing life.

Filthy
    Free Member

Foes

househusband

tip – stop cleaning your multi pivot frame to within an inch of it’s life after each ride and you’ll get much longer bearing life.

Tip, Gary…. know what you’re talking about before talking bollocks… 8)

Bike doesn’t get cleaned much at all these days; have adopted Moray’s ‘let the mud dry and then let it fall off’ technique. But indeed, bearing life and the complexity of the Motolite main pivot bearing is a factor.

andylux
    Free Member

These three frames and the Prophet are my current dilemna,

Orange 5, Tested an 18″, felt great round cannock but with the stock stem and narrow bars just felt that little bit shorter than the stumpy fsr i currently ride.I ended up with back ache. Great Downhill, looks good. Problem is my pikes won’t fit in the 20″ frame.

Heckler, I think it might be a bit too much bike for the type of riding i do, trail centres, polaris’s etc.

Shova, Nice and different, looks a bit heavier duty. difficulty finding a test though. Ideally suited to the uk, forward facing seat clamp and continuous gear outers. Is that 69 deg head angle gonna feel a bit steep on the downs though?

Prophet, frame only options aren’t available from new and the older S’hand MX frames appear to be like rocking horse poo, probably cos there so good!!

woody2000

Rocky Mountain (LC2R)
    Mountain Cycle?

thepodge
    Free Member

my old marin has never had its pivots / bearings replaced, its also hardly ever been cleaned. no use to you at all obviously

heihei

Considered a Turner? Bushings seem to last forever even in UK conditions. My 4yr old 5-Spot is just having a new set but only because I’m having the frame resprayed.

nixie

Shova is nice (I’ve got one). Not had a problem with the head angle, and I think with pike you might find it slacker than that (I run dt ex150ta on mine which even with 150mm travel have a shorter A-c than pikes). I I was changing I’d look at the commencal meta 5, one or two more pivots but I do like that frame.

I did see some pics of a single pivot with idler which was interesting, can’t remember the brand, was American though.

Russell96

Yeti 575 perhaps?

AB
    Free Member

Yup. Turner bushes have legendary levels of longevity.

fu_manchu
    Free Member

Turner are nice, used to have one. Got a 2006 Heckler, some minor play in the bearings which I will have to look at soon but a BIG fan of the frame for proper full sus play time.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Kona

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Single pivot FS frames – what manufacturers are there…’ is closed to new replies.