Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Single Pivot bikes(e.g Orange 5) do they bob a lot??
  • Suggsey
    Free Member

I had a Kona Coiler faux bar and it bobbed when I stomped on the pedals and suffered from real bad brake jack.
    the Orange Five AM with CCDB air I have now only bobs if I stand up and honk on the pedals uphill which would last about five seconds but I would have to sit my big fat arse back down and continue turning smooth circles- absolutely no bob whatsoever and as for brake jack, I have found that I brake harder before the ruts so that I dont have to touch the brakes and induce any brake jack issues.
    Go on do it, be daring, you know you want to………….

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I found that I preferred the fluidity of a linkage bike when climbing tech. I always found that my sub 5 (and then later patriot) would hook up on squared edge bumps under power due to chain tension, which made big days out in the hills more wearing.

Apart front the ‘folding in half’ sensation on fast rolling compressions, I find them pretty much the same elsewhere, assuming you got your shock tune sorted.

njigsaw
    Free Member

Whats rear suspension?
    Ragley Blue Pig Rider

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Single Pivot bikes(e.g Orange 5) do they bob a lot??’ is closed to new replies.