Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • single pdf hosting site for sharing?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

I need to share a document with the great unwashed general public, it’s small, two pages, b&w. Can anyone recommend a simple, registration-free hosting site where I can put it up and share a link to?

My google-fu is weak today.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Dropbox and send a link to those that require access.

Stoner
    Free Member

I have a dropbox account, how do I make sure they only see the one file and not the rest of my smut?

EDIT
    here we are, if you go to this file link, are you able to see anything else of mine?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/si2d669ke2b290o/7daytimer_instructions.pdf?dl=0

EDIT2:

d’Oh, should have thunk of that.

leffeboy

or post it here of course. We’ll happily check your smut for you 🙂

edit: mmmm, kittens…

Stoner
    Free Member

right I see that you can get to the file only, it just asks to you register with dropbox but doesn’t compel you.
    that seems OK.
    ta

craigxxl
    Free Member

Not sure if you’ve figured it out now but go onto Dropbox website from your account link. Right click on the file you wish to share, enter the email addresses of who you want to see it. Set any preferences for expiry dates and/or passwords and send the link.
    No need for recipient to create a Dropbox account.

Stoner
    Free Member

got it now. It will be shared with anyone with the link.

mugsys_m8

Why not just use google drive? It can do this. I thought you were a chromebook guru!

Stoner
    Free Member

I could do but just wanted to keep it entirely separate from my usual environment. I was hoping there was something like imgur that you could just stuff a doc in and distribute a link to without it having any link to you online. Dropbox will do for now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘single pdf hosting site for sharing?’ is closed to new replies.