Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Single Lawn World Mowerers
  • Freester

Right then. My (hand me down) petrol lawn mower is, I think a goner. It’s a Mountfield with a Briggs and Stratton engine. I’ve had it 10+ years and my FIL had it for years before that.

I’ve done what Googling suggested. Changed air filter, sparks. Cleaned carb etc but it’s still not happy – low on power. The metal shell encasing the rotary blade is rusting out it’s time for a new one.

Spending money on bicycles is fine. On lawnmowers? Nah. Really can’t decide whether I need another petrol or whether an electric will be OK? Garden is probably 200-300 sq m. The lawn isn’t the flattest or in greatest nic.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Garden is probably 200-300 sq m

😯

Can your butler not employ the services of a groundsman?

Clobber
    Free Member

Sounds a bit big for electric, mine is a similar size and I use a Honda petrol mower. Never misses a beat, I pulled it out the shed after wintering the other day, started first pull… Great bit of kit…

Freester

Sounds a bit big. Probably a slight overestimate. 10×15 at the back and 10×5 at the front…

wwaswas

Get something with 650B wheels – it makes your lawn come alive.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Probably 300m2 here and I got the cheapest petrol one in the shop. It works it narrow as I’m probably doing a bit more pushing the I need to but it works and was a fair bit cheaper. Time will tell how it lasts.

richc
    Free Member

300 sqm is only 0.074 of an acre so that’s not bad, and electric is going to be a PITA because of the lead.

I bought one of these http://www.screwfix.com/p/mountfield-sp533es-51cm-3-41hp-key-start-rotary-petrol-lawn-mower/29241 when it was £300 for mine, my garden is on a hill so the self propelled helps and it take 4 1/2 hours to mow and strim the garden/field.

molgrips
    Free Member

it makes your lawn come alive.

I could do with that, after the wet winter!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Single Lawn World Mowerers’ is closed to new replies.