Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Singapore, Virgin or BA?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Which would you choose for long haul? Looks like I have the choice of business between these three, with Singapore slightly edging ahead because they can also do my connecting flights.

Always used BA for my long haul previously and been very happy (62A or K whenever I can..!) and have plenty of points/miles from them, but have not been on either of the others. So, STW, what would your choice be and why?

lodious
    Free Member

Only flown virgin twice, but very impressed. Flown BA lot’s of times, less impressed. I’d choose Virgin based on my limited experience.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Because apparently, she’s a great way to fly.

aP
    Free Member

Who cares?
    Spanish owned or Singapore owned airline.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Have flown long haul all three, and would go with Singapore if possible every time now. Lovely staff, nothing is too much trouble. Not the case IME with BA and last trip with Virgin T-A was dreadful. Also good food with SA, and Singapore Airport is great, if you get to change there. Who wouldn’t love an airport with koi carp ponds?

McHamish
    Free Member

Virgin or Singapore.

BA planes are sometimes a little tatty.

Flew Qantas a last year to HK and that was ok…but it was through work and business class – not sure what it was like with the riffraff.

blades2000
    Free Member

I would say Singapore Airlines are the best IMHO. Friendly staff, comfortable seats, nice food.

peachos
    Free Member

I’m with Anna – the hostesses on Singapore are HOT! Food is ok too.

toys19
    Free Member

Singapore Airlines are stupendously excellent. Way way better than BA, Virgin, emirates, NZ Airlines, or any of the others I’ve flown with. Also they have the best safety record…

Anna-B
    Free Member

Erm, it was Elfin who was referring to their looks…… but he’s right, they are very pretty. And I’m female/straight! I wasn’t going to mention that originally because I was trying to be objective for CFH 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No, it was the telly advert- ‘Singapore Girl, you’re a great way to fly’.

Always thought the wording was a little odd.

Here it is! 😀

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezDZ2yVw7o8[/video]

I think, on the basis of that ad, it’s a no-brainer really Flashy.

tang
    Free Member

Have flown both. Fly Virgin often as it does my reg route(sister in law is a pilot also) with good times. Went Upper last time, very nice. On balance I’d go Singapore, superb service and makes sense if they can organize onward travel better in the region.
    The main factor if its ‘premium economy’ as opposed to true ‘1st class/upper class’ being offered, check which has the best seats with most pitch, its a long one to Singapore.

R979
    Free Member

Flown BA and Singapore.

Singapore gets my vote everytime.

zokes
    Free Member

Singapore – excellent service every time. Screen stopped working so after a few minutes of trying to reboot it they apologised and gave me a $100 voucher.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Who wouldn’t love an airport with koi carp ponds?

That’s good to see, that is.

According to Ernie, terrapins live freely in Madrid’s Atocha Station!!!

I think this ought to be compulsory everywhere. Mind you, people would probbly nick them over here. 🙁

br
    Free Member

I’ve flown all three in Business, not a lot to choose bewteen them.

Any free-extras – collect from home etc?

That would probably swing it.

But if there is an upgrade, nothing better than Singapore’s Singapore airport first class seated check-in and a ‘boy’ to carry your gear.

tang
    Free Member

Dont forget the butterfly garden or the cactus garden at Singapore airport. I’ve never enjoyed an airport so much.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thanks all, really useful. Will narrow down between BA and Singapore based on shiny extras then! (I’m slightly more likely to get a BA upgrade, as a regular flyer).

tang – Member
    Dont forget the butterfly garden or the cactus garden

What about the ladygar….oh, actually, no.

skiprat
    Free Member

Have flown both Sing Air and Virgin (my sister lives in Singapore) and i would go for Sing Air every time.

Can’t do enough for you, service is great and was direct which is a big bonus.

crankboy
    Free Member

singapore airlines are excellent . I’ve never had a problem with BA but they are not as good.

I hate Virgin because of this story; on a virgin train is an elderly pensioner who has purchased the correct ticket for the route but the wrong one for the train she is on. The ticket inspector insists she will have to pay the full standard fair which is extortionate and for which she does not have the cash a gentleman offers to help finds that he does not have cash for full fare so organises a whip round of the carriage that pay the full fare. Virgin Trains arrange for him to be arrested for begging.

So i will not have anything to do with anything with Virgin in the company name.

alexxx
    Free Member

The best thing about living in Singapore was getting 13 hour flights with the hottest ladies in the air. Singapore Airlines without a shadow!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Singapore, Virgin or BA?’ is closed to new replies.